Please see below.

From: "Monica G. Stadtler" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: August 14, 2013 4:02:18 PM EDT
To: "Monica G. Stadtler" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "Harrison C. Spencer" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: ASPPH Fellowship Opportunities at CDC

Dear ASPPH members:

ASPPH is pleased to offer recent graduates from ASPPH-member, Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)-accredited Schools and Programs of Public Health an exciting opportunity to gain practical public health experience at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Applications are currently being accepted for the 2014 ASPPH/CDC Public Health Fellowship Program (Cycle A); the deadline to apply is Thursday, September 19, 2013.

The ASPPH/CDC Public Health Fellowship Program offers outstanding opportunities for early-career public health professionals by enabling them to train at CDC on a variety of high-priority public health issues. ASPPH/CDC Public Health Fellows work closely with nationally recognized experts within the nation’s premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency and global leader in public health.

“The Fellowship was a great next step for me following graduation. I have received outstanding mentorship, training, and practical experience in the fields of public health policy and health communications in my host office,” said Mr. Quinn Lundquist, current ASPPH/CDC Fellow. “I have broad interests, and my hybrid policy/communications fellowship is a unique and applied training experience, and I have picked up many valuable skills to take with me in the future.”

Fellowships will be based at CDC offices in Atlanta, GA as well as at regional offices with CDC’s National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). The fellowship positions are full-time opportunities for a one-year period beginning in January 2014. The fellowship may be extended for an additional year, pending available funding and mutual agreement by the fellow, CDC, and ASPPH. Detailed program information and all application instructions can be accessed at www.aspph.org

To qualify for this fellowship, candidates must have received their masters or doctorate degrees from an ASPPH-member, CEPH-accredited, school or program of public health within the last five years and also be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (Green Card). Preference will be given to candidates with a Certification in Public Health (CPH).

Please help spread the word to your recent graduates, or students who will graduate in December 2013.

Questions may be directed via email to ASPPH Graduate Training Programs at [log in to unmask], or to me at [log in to unmask].

Thank you for your support of ASPPH Graduate Training Programs.

~Monica

Monica González Stadtler | Director of Graduate Training Programs

Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASPPH) | www.aspph.org

1900 M Street NW, Suite 710 | Washington, DC 20036

Tel: 202-296-1099, ext. xxx | Fax: 202-296-1250 | Email: [log in to unmask]

NOTE: We are now the Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health.

Please update my organization name, website, and email in your system to reflect this change.

cid:image007.jpg@01CE8E10.4A0B5280

You are only as healthy as the world you live in

cid:image001.jpg@01CE8E10.4A0B5280  Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image002.jpg@01CD6BE9.FDBCE720  Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image020.jpg@01CD6BE9.7EA50B70  Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image004.jpg@01CD6BE9.FDBCE720  Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image006.jpg@01CD6BE9.FDBCE720  Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image008.jpg@01CD6BE9.FDBCE720

To unsubscribe from the COMHEALUMNI-L list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(COMHEALUMNI-L,SIGNOFF);