The New York Times |

Nutrition

Compiled: August 1, 2013 10:35:55 PM

G.O.P. Push to Slash Food Stamps Puts Farm Bill in Jeopardy

A plan by House leaders to cut $40 billion from the food stamp program threatens to derail efforts by the House and Senate to complete a farm bill before agriculture programs expire on Sept. 30.

FOLLOW US: Facebook Facebook | @NYTimes
Get unlimited access to NYTimes.com and our apps. Subscribe »
NYT
Access The New York Times from anywhere with our suit of apps
Android | iPad® | iPhone® | All
Copyright 2012 | The New York Times Company |NYTimes.com 620 Eighth Avenue New York, NY 10018