FYI: From Community Commons

As part of a continued effort at promoting a national conversation about obesity, Kaiser Permanente sponsored the recent launch of a three-part film series The Weight of the Nation for Kids focused on youth. Each film spotlights youth who are taking initiative to change the food and physical activity environments in their community as a way to combat the growing obesity epidemic.

The new The Weight of the Nation for Kids Screening to Action: Quickstart Guide serves as a companion to these films and was created to spark community action to address youth and childhood obesity within a school-based setting or in other youth serving organizations.

The guide and all related resources are available at www.communitycommons.org/wotn

Model Facebook or newsletter messages:

What inspiration! These kids made a change in their school and community and now you can too! Watch The Weight of the Nation for Kids and download the The Weight of the Nation for Kids Screening to Action: Quickstart Guide to get started! (www.communitycommons.org/wotn) #obesity

Kids do want to take control of their health! Engage them by planning a The Weight of the Nation for Kids screening to action event! Get the Quickstart guide here! (www.communitycommons.org/wotn) #weightofthenation

Kaiser Permanente sponsored the three-part series The Weight of the Nation for Kids and now offers The Weight of the Nation for Kids Screening to Action: Quickstart Guide to spark community action to address youth and childhood obesity within a school-based setting or in other youth serving organizations.  Check it out here (www.communitycommons.org/wotn) #obesity

"The idea of kids standing up to this problem really does matter because it is showing that we see the problem.” Victoria Carter, member of The Rethinkers. Spark community action in your own community with the companion guide to The Weight of the Nation for Kids film series. (www.communitycommons.org/wotn) #weightofthenation

“If we don’t start making the change then how do we expect for others to make the change with us?” Victoria Carter, member of The Rethinkers. Spark community action in your own community with the companion guide to The Weight of the Nation for Kids film series. (www.communitycommons.org/wotn) #obesity

"I want healthy food for lunch" - Kebreeya Lewis  Spark community action in your own community with the companion guide to The Weight of the Nation for Kids film series. (www.communitycommons.org/wotn) #weightofthenation

Model Twitter messages
Check out the newest #weightofthenation for kids resource to help spark conversations about childhood #obesity. http://ow.ly/nGAxu

Plan a Screening to Action event and spark collective action with the new #weightofthenation kids resource #obesity http://ow.ly/nGAxu

To win, we have to lose! The #weightofthenation Screening to Action Quickstart Guide is the spark needed to make that change http://ow.ly/nGAxu