ABOUT THE COMPANY
Wholeshare is a web startup making local and organic food more accessible to everyone.  We help people who live or work near each other organize into groups, which buy directly from wholesale natural food distributors and farmers.  By buying in groups, our customers are able to bypass supermarkets, save 20% to 30% off the retail price, and have the food delivered directly to their communities or workplaces.  And by selling through Wholeshare, farmers and wholesalers are able to set their own prices and receive a fair value for their products.  For more information on what we do, please see the video at http://www.wholeshare.com/introduction.

We currently have groups of passionate customers placing recurring orders throughout New York state.  We are based in San Francisco, CA and have a branch office in Potsdam, NY; we launched our pilot program in collaboration with several New York food purveyors.  We are proud to have received seed funding from several prominent venture capital firms in both Silicon Valley and upstate New York.

JOB DESCRIPTION
Wholeshare's collective purchasing model relies on one or two individuals in each group whom we call coordinators.  Coordinators are in charge of inviting their friends to their group, deciding on order dates, accepting delivery of the food from the wholesale distributor or producer, and arranging for the food to be divided.  We compensate each coordinator with a percentage of the group sales, and many of them also collect additional dues and commissions through Wholeshare.

Our sales and marketing efforts involve reaching out directly to potential coordinators on a one-to-one basis (i.e. mostly direct sales). As a community outreach coordinator you will work with other members of our team to contact potential coordinators, explain the Wholeshare system to them, and help them build their groups and place their first order.  On a day-to-day basis you will be expected to call and meet with individuals that we have identified as potential coordinators, including farmers and others within sustainable food and ag, homeschooling groups, churches, offices and health and wellness professionals.  Given our target audience you will need to be versatile enough to speak about Wholeshare with - and make the system relevant to - a diverse group of individuals, organizations and businesses.  We will give you any support we can in every part of the sales process, but we also want to give you the freedom to leverage your own professional network and methods to find leads and close deals.

QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS

  *   Persistence and versatility – we cannot stress enough how important these qualities are
  *   Strong written and spoken communication skills
  *   Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
  *   Experience in sustainable food or sustainable agriculture

COMPENSATION AND TERMS
We will employ you as an independent contractor and pay you on a commission-only basis (and also reimburse any expenses).  We would expect you to work anywhere from an average of 20 hours per week to full-time with the flexibility to set your own schedule.  We are specifically recruiting for a sales representative who can work with us  for three months, but if the fit is good, we are also interested in candidates who might be seeking a longer-term engagement.  Given that we're an early stage startup, you will be given a lot of autonomy to make things happen.  Please join us if you'd like join a small, growing company and are excited to change the way the world eats.

CONTACT
Dan Livingston, Sales Manager
607-348-3974