Please see below.

From: steblau . [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 4:08 PM
To: Attiqa Mirza
Subject: Part-Time Administrative Assistant Position at Center for Khmer Studies

Hi Attiqa,

I wanted to let my fellow SPH students know about this Part-Time Job opening up at an organization I work for. Could you send it out the the SPH Listservs? The flexible hours are ideal for graduate students. Keep in mind they are looking for at least a one year commitment so this may not be for students graduating in May 2014. See job description below.

Best,

Stephanie Blaufarb

Part-Time Administrative Assistant

Job Description:
The position features flexible hours of 3-10 hours per week and a $25/hr salary.

Work includes:

-Serving as point of contact for organization.

-Processing orders and shipping of academic journal sales.

-Attending board meetings 2 to 3 times a year and preparing the meeting minutes.

-Data entry and database management, gift processing and donor acknowledgement letters.

-Office management and financial record keeping.

-Coordinating with board members to prepare and send out the end of year solicitation mailing.

-Corresponding in a timely matter to board member needs.

Qualifications:

-Demonstrated record in working independently, being detail oriented is required.

-Completion of secondary education and a minimum of 2 years of relevant university level courses is required. A bachelors degree is preferred.

-A minimum of 1 year of work experience in the area of administrative support services is required.

-Commitment of at least 1 year is required.

-Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Suite of Products (including MS Word, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint) is required. Experience and proficiency in donor software such as Giftworks, Raiser’s Edge or DonorPerfect is preferred.

-Knowledge, experience and interest in Cambodia and Cambodian culture is a plus.

To Apply:
Please apply by October 31, 2013. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [log in to unmask].

About the Center for Khmer Studies
The Center for Khmer Studies’ (CKS) mission is to support research, teaching and public service in the social sciences, arts and humanities as they relate to Cambodia. We aim to connect Cambodian scholars, students, professional workers and artists with their international colleagues for the purpose of fostering understanding of Cambodia and Southeast Asia.

Specific objectives of the CKS are to:

  • Facilitate research and international scholarly exchange through programs that increase understanding of Cambodia and its region;
  • Help strengthen Cambodia’s cultural and academic structures and integrate Cambodian scholars into their regional and international community;
  • Promote a vigorous Cambodian civil society.

Founded in 1999, CKS is an international, non-governmental organization supported by a consortium of universities, institutions, scholars and individuals. CKS is registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Cambodia and incorporated in the United States as a tax-exempt institution under article 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

CKS is a member institution of the Council of American Overseas Research Centers (CAORC) in Southeast Asia. Our programs are based in two offices in Cambodia: our headquarters in Siem Reap-Angkor and in the capital, Phnom Penh. We also maintain an administrative office in New York City and a support office in Paris, Les Amis du Centre d’Etudes Khmères where it is registered as an Association Loi 1901.

For more info visit www.khmerstudies.org

To unsubscribe from the COMHEALUMNI-L list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(COMHEALUMNI-L,SIGNOFF);