The ideal candidate has 1-2 years of work experience - Working during college and/or internships definitely counts.

Analyst Position

Job Description

Organization Description

Arabella Advisors helps philanthropists and investors pursue their social and environmental goals more effectively. Our platform of services enables clients to use all of their assets—grants, investments, relationships, time, and talent—to achieve greater good.

We work with large foundations and corporations, as well as families and individuals, to develop strategic focus, execute projects, evaluate grantees and programs, invest for impact, efficiently manage grants and funds, and continually learn and innovate. Our team is socially minded and entrepreneurial, always looking for ways to make the world a better place by better serving our clients.

A Career with Arabella
Our firm is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees.  We are also dedicated to creating a fun, flexible and healthy work environment.  Arabella offers 100% premium paid health, vision, dental, prescription insurance, long and short term disability, life insurance, personal and volunteer leave time, strong participation in an organization retirement plan, fitness benefit, pre-tax commuter benefit and more.

Arabella Advisors seeks a dynamic, organized, and detail-oriented team member to serve as Analyst supporting the firm in assisting its expanding individual and family, corporate, and institutional client base. The focus of this position is on conducting research and qualitative and quantitative analysis, preparing written reports and presentations for internal and external projects, and assisting in the design and execution of a range of strategic programs and initiatives to meet our clients’ needs. Additional responsibilities may include administrative tasks, such as scheduling interviews and transcribing notes. The analyst often works with and reports to multiple project teams, but has independent ownership over their work product. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in learning more about the field of philanthropy and the nonprofit community.

Position Responsibilities

Research & Analysis

• Conduct research and provide both qualitative and quantitative analysis in support of client projects and meetings
• Conduct background research on project topics (e.g. global health issues, education reform, etc)
• Support interviews with subject experts
• Manage survey administration (using platforms such as SurveyMonkey) and support data management and documentation
• Conduct quantitative data analysis using Excel and SPSS as necessary
• Produce visual representations of research findings, such as Excel charts, PowerPoint slide decks, and infographics

Communications & Deliverable Development

• Assist in drafting and revising client reports, presentations, memos, and correspondence
• Assist staff in preparation for external presentations and conferences
• Assist staff with developing Arabella thought-leadership projects and blog posts

Program Management

• Assist in designing and executing strategic programs and initiatives, including grantee learning networks, newly created organizations, and donor collaboratives
• Assist in conference planning on behalf of clients, including agenda development, speaker preparation, and participant management
• Provide logistical support for client meetings and conferences held on behalf of clients

Project Support & Administration

• Schedule interviews and coordinate conference calls, webinars, and focus groups
• Transcribe notes for external and internal meetings
• Provide additional administrative support as necessary

Required Experience
  • Bachelor’s degree in a related field
  • Some professional work experience (1-2 years preferred)
  • A strong interest in the field of philanthropy
  • Extremely strong attention to detail and a strong sense of personal responsibility for one’s work
  • Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and in a timely and proactive manner
  • Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
  • Excellent research and writing skills
  • Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
  • Program and event management experience
  • Team-oriented, professional, with a positive attitude and sense of humor
  • Ability to be resourceful and adapt quickly to change
  • Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint

Valued and Nonessential Skills and Experience

  • Applied research experience
  • Experience using Excel, SPSS, or both for quantitative analysis
  • Professional work experience in consulting and/or the social change sector
  • Experience developing surveys in online platforms such as SurveyMonkey and analyzing survey results
  • Interest in and experience with graphic design and/or data visualization
  • Interest in domestic issues, particularly education and the environment
  • Comfort with and interest in learning, working, and being creative with new software systems as needed (e.g., intranet, mapping software, social network mapping, web analytics)
Job Location
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Position Type
Full-Time/Regular

Click here and scroll down to apply: https://arabellaadvisors.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=120&company_id=16129&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=992274&aid=1