Dear All,

Please see below.

Nutrition and Wellness Education Fieldwork Opening

The Bubble Foundation is seeking a student available at least 10 hours per week to assist with our not-for-profit organization, dedicated to bringing nutrition education and fitness to NYC’s charter schools. We can offer exciting and meaningful fieldwork to enhance your studies. Our ideal candidate is motivated, creative, and hardworking, preferably with an interest in the non-profit world, public policy, or childhood nutrition and fitness. Apply if you would like to experience how a burgeoning non-profit is run, want to meet influencers in the wellness arena, and if you are eager to learn. This is an unpaid fieldwork position.

Internship Sample Tasks:
·      Contributing to web content/assistance with writing and editing newsletter
·      Updating social networking sites (Facebook, YouTube and Twitter)
·      Teaching Bubble nutrition curriculum in our partner schools
·      Food industry and policy research
·      Assisting with grant writing and obtaining local donations
·      Errand-running and inventory, including helping to stock and organize mobile kitchens in schools

Qualities Valued:
·      Interest in fitness and nutrition and/or elementary education
·      Knowledge of social media platforms and tactics
·      Organizational skills
·      Attention to detail
·      Knowledge of and/or desire to learn: Mac OSX, Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, Excel
·      Writing/computer design skills a plus

Please contact Jennifer Solodar with a cover email and resume

Jennifer Solodar
Program Director
 jen @welcometobubble.org

please also "cc" [log in to unmask]

About Bubble Foundation:
Bubble believes that every child in the United States, regardless of socioeconomic status, will have access to activities and food that help him or her to live a healthy and happy life.
Each Bubble adventure begins with a charter school that shares this mission. Together, we design a nutrition and fitness program that complements and expands on the school’s current efforts, filling in gaps left by lack of funding or resources. Bubble Foundation provides this education at no cost to the school through the support of volunteers and fundraising efforts.

CHARLES PLATKIN PhD, JD, MPH
Nationally Syndicated Health Columnist,
Distinguished Lecturer
The City University of New York School of Public Health
Hunter College School of Urban Public Health
Silberman Bldg, 2180 Third Avenue (at E. 119th St), RM 528
New York, NY 10035
email: [log in to unmask] / [log in to unmask]
Telephone: 212-367-7575 ext 17
www.DietDetective.com / www.Foodtee.com / www.cuny.edu/sph / www.DiversionBooks.com