We are looking to hire a program assistant for our Early Childhood Nutrition Programming and Stellar Farmers Market.  This is primarily an administrative position but we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and not afraid to help us move boxes and supplies around.  This position at the moment is temporary and without benefits, though full-time.

If you know of anyone who might be interested, please pass along and have him/her email me a cover and resume.

Thanks,

The Healthy Eating & Active Living (HEAL) Unit at the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene works to increase physical activity and healthful eating, particularly fruit and vegetable consumption.  HEAL uses evidence-based strategies and targets communities most affected by health disparities to prevent and reduce the prevalence of chronic disease in New York City. HEAL is seeking a temporary, full-time administrative assistant to support both the Early Childhood and Farmers’ Markets programs.

Specific duties include:

·         Identify appropriate vendors and products based on programmatic needs and strict purchasing guidelines

·         Provide administrative unit necessary documentation for submission of all purchase requests

·         Maintain tracking sheet of  all expenditures

·         Track and reconcile petty cash logs and receipts and prepare accurately for submission for reimbursement

·         Oversee inventory of all items at a self-storage facility

·         Coordinate and oversee accurate and timely delivery of all supplies from vendors and to programmatic staff

·         Attend monthly staff meetings and take and distbute minutes accordingly

Required Qualifications and Skills:

·         Bachelors degree

·         Interest in nutrition

·         Two years administrative experience

·         Extremely detailed oriented, independent worker

·         Willing to move boxes in a storage facility

·         Microsoft Office

Pay commesurate with experience.  Please note:  this position is temporary through mid- November with potential to extend into long term work.  Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Elizabeth Solomon MS, RD, Senior Program Manager at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.