In-store Retail Market Research Opportunity Available: New York City

Do you notice all the little things about your buying experiences – and how they could be better? Is the idea of collecting information on products and people in a store all the while remaining totally anonymous to the staff exciting to you?

Are you the sort of person who is constantly making your own day more efficient, from the route you take to work to the way you get through the grocery store?

If the above are you, come join Haynes & Company as one of our in-store researchers!

We’re looking to add to our global team with a new freelance position located in New York City. You would visit stores in the area to assess the merchandise, displays, pricing and promotional levels of the retailers, all the while posing as just another shopper.  You would then submit this data to our company using our proprietary, web-based surveys from your tablet or computer upon leaving the store.

This position is a freelance opportunity with a highly flexible schedule focused on doing the visits Friday – Sunday and getting the accompanying surveys in by Sunday at midnight. All work except for the store visits themselves can be done from home.

Skills and qualifications required are:

  • ·       College degree required (graduate work preferred)
  • ·       High attention to detail with a naturally-analytical personality
  • ·       Easy conversationalist with sales staff as part of a shopping experience
  • ·       Comfortable thinking on your feet, including with in-store math and statistics
  • ·       Independent worker who is reliable and respects and meets deadlines
  • ·       Professional communication style including via email and on phone
  • ·       High-speed Internet access essential for training needs and survey submission
  • ·       Capable of getting the stores via own car or other transportation means

Pay is $25/hour plus mileage.

Anticipated hours each month are approximately: 8-10

Successful members of our team have come from many different walks of life, including teachers, finance analysts, engineers, marketing managers, lawyers, and graduate students.  What they all have in common is a keen eye for detail coupled with speedy precision and a love of being inside stores – even if it is to “break them down” through their data!

If you think this could be you, we hope to hear from you!

To apply, please email us at [log in to unmask] with New York City in the subject line and include a resume which details your work experience and educational background.

Elizabeth Haynes

Haynes & Company