To all students and alums: here is an interesting opportunity....data analysis for infection prevention at a major medical center.

Please see below:

Begin forwarded message:
From: Belinda Ostrowsky
Date: March 1, 2014 at 1:55:45 PM EST
To: <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Cc: Belinda Ostrowsky <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Program Analyst Position
Dear Marianne,

It was nice to work with you at the recent AHRQ meeting.   As mentioned I am looking to hire a program analyst for our Antimicrobial Stewardship Program. The program's mission is to promote judicious use of antimicrobials to improve patient quality including decreased length of stay,  adverse events and to possibly  decrease antimicrobial resistance etc.   We have recently expanded to have activities in 4 inpatients campuses and will expand to address outpatient prescribing.

The analyst would work as part of a multidisplinary team to help us with obtain,  maintain and analyze data related to antimicrobial use and outcomes for patients throughout our Montefiore Clinical Spectrum. They may participate in clinical trial,  including recruitment of patients and IRB preparation.  , The individual must have a Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS in social/physical science related field) and at least two years of experience with data collection and analysis in a research-related field or a Master's Degree in a health/research field.  Experience with epidemiology or infectious diseases a plus.  Individual must have the ability to prioritize issues and work in an evolving program.  He or she must have strong computer and data analysis skills (minimum desired criteria- must be able to program in Excel and Access, SAS, SQL a plus) and verbal and written communication skills.                                                   ,

Please let me know if you or someone else at your institution might know, of anyone who might be appropriate.  Applicants can send CV via email below.  Thanks.,

My best,

Belinda

Belinda Ostrowsky,  MD,  MPH,
Director of Antimicrobial Stewardship & Associate Professor of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center,
111 E. 210th Street, Bronx,
NY 10467,
Phone 718-920-7700,
Fax 718-920-2746,