Announcing the Future of Food Radio

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact:
            Erin Fairbanks, Executive Director
(718) 389-0985

HeritageRadioNetwork.Org Announces 2014 Focus:

The Chicken Industry, Food Waste, and The Future of Food Leadership

Brooklyn, NY (March 5th, 2014) In 2013, in addition to our line up of 35+ entertaining and informative weekly food-focused programs, HRN launched a News division with a team of writers who produce stories in the following categories: Health, Pleasure, Science and Tech, News, Opinion and Business.  Now, in 2014,  in addition to these categories our editorial staff will focus on three areas of concern to us: The Chicken Industry, Food Waste, and The Future of Food Leadership.  This content will be denoted on our homepage with the following abbreviations:  TCI, FW and FFL.

The Chicken Industry (TCI): In 2013 chicken surpassed beef as the most consumed protein in America, and as such are the livestock most impacted by the factory farming system.  Chickens are born to scratch and peck.  These are the instinctive behaviors at the core of what makes a chicken a chicken, but for most of the over 8 billion broilers produced annually in the United States, this natural instinct has been thwarted by selective breeding, and inhumane production protocols. Our 2014 coverage will focus on the environmental, culinary, and public health implications that have resulted from the factory farming of chickens.  The goal of our coverage is to drive consumer awareness towards a production system that better reflects our values of humane animal treatment.

Food Waste (FW):
From field to fork over 40% of food produced for consumption in the United States is wasted at some point along the production chain.  Food waste has immense consequences on climate, hunger, and by taxing dwindling natural resources. We must work to reduce waste in the food system and think creatively about alternative waste management strategies.   Join us as we interview leaders in the food world on the subject of waste so that together we may understand its impacts, and explore possibilities for change.

The Future of Food Leadership (FFL):
We are seeking revolutionaries in the food world.  Our 60+ weekly show hosts, and editorial staff, are launching a national search to identify the leaders that will shape the next 50 years of our food system.  In 2014 we will profile 100 of the worlds most promising young people working in the world of food, drink, and agriculture.  Please send your nominations to: [log in to unmask], letting us know why you think this person is a future food leader, and tune in to learn more about how you can play a role in supporting the future of good food.

Heritage Radio Network is a grassroots action-oriented non-profit internet-based radio station focused on creating a food world that is more sustainable, equitable and delicious.  Tune in to our over 35 weekly shows for a fresh, fun taste of what is happening in world of food.  Visit  www.HeritageRadioNetwork.org to learn more and become a member today.

Click to view this email in a browser

Heritage Radio Network
BOX 198 402 Graham Ave.
Brooklyn, New York 11211
US

Try Email Marketing with VerticalResponse!