This just in from MPH student, Ashley Rafalow

SMART (Sisterhood Mobilized for AIDS/HIV Research & Treatment) provides comprehensive, women-centered, health education; a safe, supportive peer community; and leadership development to ensure that women and youth living with, or affected by, HIV/AIDS and associated chronic illnesses live longer, healthier lives.  SMART promotes health equity and improved well-being for women and families in low-income communities of color, including East Harlem and the South Bronx, which have disproportionately high rates of HIV/AIDS, as well as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and other chronic illnesses linked to poverty, lack of access to healthy, affordable food, and other systemic disparities. Our innovative CHEF project will take our hands-on nutrition education model "on the road," and we are looking for a dynamic intern who is able to work independently in helping with this new project.  Possible components could be creating promotional materials; social media campaign; outreach/building relationships with potential community partners; curriculum development; and/or program evaluation.  All interns must be flexible and able to work with a diverse community.

If interested, please contact Janet Carter, Program Director for SMART at [log in to unmask]