/arlene spark
Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: Maddalena Antosiewicz <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: April 23, 2014 at 8:21:43 AM EDT
To: MSU Nutrition Listserve <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Fwd: [COMFOODJOBS - put city & state ] Summer Internship at Harlem Community Garden (New York City, NY)

-------- Original Message --------
Date:   Sat, 05 Apr 2014 17:21:28 -0400
From:   [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Project Harmony, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and energetic summer
intern. Intern's primary responsibilities will be assisting with the
implementation of our Harlem Green Garden Workshop Series and Tour, general
garden maintenance, and community outreach.

Who we are:
Project Harmony’s mission is to impact our community by way of environmental
awareness, improvement, education, action and beautification. We began in 1985
as a grassroots group, cleaning up vacant lots, building community gardens,
and providing healthy food to our neighborhood. Over the past twenty-nine
years we have created and maintained community gardens with environmental
education/action programs with an emphasis on youth and families, but which
involve all community residents. We maintain the Joseph Daniel Wilson Memorial
Garden in Central Harlem. The Wilson Garden is equipped with a rain-harvesting
system, solar lighting and pond aeration, a beehive, and a vertical garden--in
addition to fruit trees and other flora and fauna. With an extensive network
of community support and volunteers, the garden continues to thrive, a secret
oasis hidden in our concrete jungle. We have sponsored street tree clinics and
summer youth & family workshops. As advocates for food justice and  food
security, we teach healthy food preparation & preservation, and have sold
Harlem garden products under the trademark Harlem Harvest™. We also operate a
CSA program with a sliding scale membership and subsidies for EBT recipients.
Our CSA now has more than 70 members from all different levels of income.

Qualifications: Interns are expected to be motivated, self-starters, an
independent workers. Excellent writing  and organization skills, interpersonal
skills, and enthusiasm are a must! Gardening and youth development skills are
not required but highly recommended. Applicants must be enrolled or recent
graduates of an undergraduate/graduate program.

Internship date: June-August 2014

How to apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Call
212-662-2878 for more information.