About Stone Ridge Asset Management

Stone Ridge is a global asset management firm founded in 2012 with over $2.5B in assets under management. We are based in New York, with additional associates in Beijing, Shenzhen, Chicago, San Francisco, and Boston

At Stone Ridge, we strive to deliver the next chapter of financial innovations: valuable, diversifying streams of alternative returns sourced solely from non-traditional risk exposures—alternative beta, not alpha. This philosophy means we believe strongly in the efficiency of markets and the link between risk and return.  We leverage this link to create global opportunities for portfolio enhancement with a family of risk-specific strategies and products.

Our rules-based approach automates execution of complex strategies, making them accessible, liquid, and cost-effective. Our evolving set of rules aims to systematically capture the returns available from each individual risk we bear.  Informed by decades of alternative investment management experience, academic influences, and institutional trading background, our rules draw upon almost a century of asset price data across a wide spectrum of asset classes and market regimes.  The overall result is an automated, process-driven collection of investment strategies designed to build long-term wealth for our investors.

About the Position

The Business Development Associate will work on projects to improve the firm’s communication with and understanding of our investors. The associate will work closely with the Business Development, Client Strategies and Technology/Operations teams on projects that include:

·         Designing a centralized web portal that will be a single stop for clients to obtain all fund-related information.

·         Designing web surveys to distribute to investors to understand their asset allocation and outlook; aggregating and drawing insights from responses.

·         Writing quarterly reports to update investors on performance, new product introductions, and other firm-wide developments. Part of our on-going initiative to keep clients informed and engaged.

·         Developing a database of comprehensive client profiles, recording key personnel, investment process, client holdings, etc. Ultimately to anticipate and deliver on client needs.

·         Responsibility for organizing and maintaining all client-targeted presentations and documents

·         Ad hoc and varied projects as needs arise.

The candidate will have the opportunity to drive these projects and make presentations to our CEO and head of Client Strategies. This position will allow the candidate to learn about various aspects of the business, from client services and research to portfolio management and operations. Because we are a small, rapidly-growing firm, this will be a high-visibility role with significant potential for upside. This position is an ideally suited for a top candidate with consulting experience with an interest in investor relations and asset management.

Desired Qualifications

The ideal candidate will:

·         Be a graduate of top university with a strong record of academic achievement

·         Have 2-3 years of post-college work experience in a top-tier consulting firm (McKinsey, BCG, Bain)

·         Enjoy working in a fast-changing environment characterized by tight deadlines and ambiguity

·         Show initiative in overcoming obstacles and take ownership of projects

·         Enjoy interacting with a variety of people both internal and external to the firm. The associate will liaise with people in Client Strategies to Tech and Operations. In addition, he or she will have extensive interaction with our investors, who are scattered across the country.

·         Have a genuine interest in investor relations: in understanding and delivering on the needs of our investors

·         Be methodical, analytical, and logical. Desirable for designing and running surveys, and analyzing results.

·         Be creative and visual. Desirable for designing web portal and anticipating the client experience.

·         Have excellent writing and communication skills.

·         Familiarity with basics of programming, finance/econ would be a plus.

Interested candidates should send their resumes to [log in to unmask]. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.