D. E. Shaw Research<http://www.deshawresearch.com/> seeks Technical Product Managers to join our New York-based team.  Our group is developing the world’s fastest supercomputers for biomolecular simulation in the hopes of transforming the process of drug discovery and ultimately having a major impact on human health.  If you’re interested in pursuing a high-visibility role within our small group and are motivated by our mission and the technical rigor of our projects, please send a resume and cover letter to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Technical Product Managers at D. E. Shaw Research direct world-class engineers and scientists in developing and building our special-purpose Anton supercomputers. Successful hires will be responsible for coordinating and driving the day-to-day execution of technical projects, including hardware design, software development, and manufacturing.

Our Anton supercomputers, which combine cutting-edge ASICs with proprietary software, speed up molecular dynamics simulations by orders of magnitude and are designed in part to fundamentally transform the process of drug discovery. We are pursuing long-term projects aimed at achieving major scientific advances in the fields of biochemistry and molecular biology. Our initial scientific results were highlighted by Science magazine as one of the top ten breakthroughs of the year.

Successful hires must have excellent communication skills and demonstrated leadership ability.  Ideal candidates will also have experience coordinating complex technical projects and managing relationships with vendors or other third parties. We are prepared to reward exceptionally well-qualified individuals with above-market compensation.

D. E. Shaw Research does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.