Nutrition Assistant position (paid)

Nutrition assistant needed for a busy medical weight loss practice in midtown. Responsibilities include taking vitals (weighing patient, taking BP, etc..), building rapport with patients, placing orders for supplies and foods as needed, providing information about our practice and assisting the dietitian and doctor as needed. Ideally, this individual has a degree in Nutrition/Dietetics or has completed a majority of the DPD courses.

*An interest in bariatric nutrition/medicine (non-surgical weight loss management) is a plus.

*Medical assistant background a plus (i.e venipuncture, EKG, BP, etc.) although the right person can be trained.

The ideal candidate must be:

-able to work full-time (please do not apply if you are in school part-time and have day classes)

-articulate and speak clearly

-experienced in dealing with patients and working in an office setting

-punctual

-a multi-tasker, quick and efficient

-a self-starter

-interested in health and fitness

-willing to learn

This can be a good fit for an individual who has finished the DPD courses and is taking a break before starting the Dietetic Internship or for anyone who wants experience before proceeding to a graduate program.

Work schedule: Monday through Thursday 8am to 6pm.

Compensation: TBD

Start date: train mid-May, start June 2nd.

Please send resumes to [log in to unmask].

Social Media Intern (unpaid)

Social media intern needed for busy medical weight loss practice in midtown. We are looking for a graduate level nutrition intern to help us with blogging and managing our social media sites.

The ideal candidate:

- has excellent written and verbal communication skills

- is detail-oriented

- is social media savvy (including utilizing techniques to increase followers and likes and promote the business)

- is business savvy

- is able to research nutrition and wellness articles

- is a self-starter.

This position is flexible and requires about 15 hours a week (including reading and researching) mostly off-site.

This is a non-paid position.

Start date: Immediately.

If interested, please send your resume to [log in to unmask].

Thank you!