Dr Ayman El-Mohandes, MBBCh, MD, MPH Dean (212) 396-7729 [log in to unmask]

Dear Students,

As a reminder, please be sure to put the CUNY School of Public Health’s Research Symposium on May 13, 2014 on your calendars. It is an event that is well worth attending!

This will be the culminating event of our Student Project Week. The event will showcase the work of many of our Capstone and Doctoral students from across all of our campuses, including Brooklyn, Hunter, Lehman and the Graduate Center. This is a great opportunity for faculty and students to interact, to view projects in process or completed by our students and to illustrate the capacity for research that exists within our community.

This will be a cross-campus event that encourages collegiality and demonstrates the many and varied contributions to Public Health by our students and faculty.

Posters will be on display in the Lobby from May 7th through the 14th and students will be available to speak about their projects on May 7th and May 14th from 6PM to 8PM and on May 13th beginning at 4PM.

The Research Symposium will take place on May 13th in Rooms 115/116 at the Silberman Campus from 4:00PM to 8:30PM. There will be several faculty led panel discussions and select student presentations.  We will also present a winning public health film produced by students followed by a discussion.

Four student presenters will be selected from those Capstone students submitting abstracts – three of whom will receive a Faculty Research Award in the amount of $200. The fourth awardee will receive the top prize - the Dean’s Research Award - of $500.00.

In addition, a number of poster prizes will be awarded to students across all campuses.

I encourage you to make every attempt to come to the Research Symposium.  If you can’t make it, please stop by during the week of May 7th through the 14th to see the work of the SPH Student Community displayed in the lobby.

Sincerely,

Ayman El-Mohandes

Dean