The NY RD job list from Kyle Shadix, MS, RD, FAND since 2001

To subscribe, send an email to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Jobs are usually posted by Sunday evening. Jobs are not usually posted more than
once, so check the archive for last week's jobs:

The jobs listed below are mostly from New York State. Please email job listings
from your area so that the entire state will be covered. Jobs must be received
by Thursday at 3pm in order to be posted for Sunday posting. There is no charge
to post a job on the NY_RD_News List.

Clinical Dietitian 1
Job Category
Clinical Dietitian
Company
Sodexo
White Plains, New York 10601
www.sodexodietitiancareers.com<http://www.sodexodietitiancareers.com>
Job Description and Requirements
Unit Description
Sodexo is seeking a Clinical Dietitian to come join their team at White Plains Hospital. This progressive community hospital has 292 beds.
Reporting to the Clinical Nutrition Manager the select candidate will:
Work as part of a 3 RD team to provide nutritional care to acute care patients.
Primarily be responsible for med/surg units.
Be a Registered Dietitian and licensed in NY or eligible for RD certification.
Have experience with electronic charting and the NCP.
Work every 3rd weekend providing hospital wide clinical coverage.
Conduct inservices for food service staff & nursing.
Demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills.
Participate in community outreach events.
To learn more about White Plains Hospital click here: http://www.wphospital.org/
To learn more about what Sodexo has to offer Registered Dietitians and view open positions, go to our Clinical Microsite: http://www.sodexodietitiancareers.com/

Position Summary
Provides basic nutrition assessments and care planning for patients/residents. Plans special diets and supervises their preparation. Instructs patients/residents and/or hospital personnel in basic principles of nutrition and modifications of normal diet. Performs routine care responsibilities without training and direction.

Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 1 years work experience in health care including
hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term
care, retirement homes, or clinics, meets eligibility requirements for certification as a Registered Dietitian.

Sodexo will require a background check and may require a drug screen for this position.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer

JOB ID NUMBER: 32806
Contact
Please apply directly online with Sodexo below.

Click Here to Learn More or Apply Directly Online
[posted Jun 9, 2014]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com<http://nutritionjobs.com>.
http://www.nutritionjobs.com/job/clinical-dietitian-1-new-york-white-plains-sodexo_12587

Job Description

Registered Dietitian

RCM Health Care Services is seeking a full time Registered Dietitian to work in a Nursing Home in Manhattan, NY. The Registered Dietitian will provide clinical nutrition services--including nutrition assessment, weight management counseling and nutrition education.

REGISTERED DIETITIAN IN MANHATTAN, NY

Job Summary
• Deliver and direct nutritional care and services for members in collaboration with Care Management Team (CMT) offering nutritional counseling and education through case findings and nutrition screening.
• Evaluate members’ nutritional status utilizing various assessment tools and obtain primary care physician’s orders as required.
• Monitor and sign-off assessments from Diet Technician(s) ensuring an appropriate care plan and pertinent documentation are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Assist with providing preceptor and training accordingly.
• Work with Care Management Team to support the company's mission and program goals by providing pertinent information and coordinate between dietary/other services, participating in care planning meetings including formulating and implementing policies/procedures.
• Participate in quality management activities and educational programs designed for members, families, caregivers and staff.

Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
• Registered Dietitian license in good standing
• 2 years of related industry experience (Nursing home preferred)
• Clinical and home healthcare knowledge
• Technical experience managing patient health information (PHI) in a database module and archival system (e.g. Macess).
• Thorough knowledge of current community health practices for adults
• Knowledge of the interdisciplinary model of care management
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
• Fluent in Spanish preferred

Compensation:
• Competitive salary based on experience
• Comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, PTO, and 401k!

If interested and qualified, give us a call at (917) 286-5139.

Registered Dietitian (RD)
About the Job
Absolut Care of Gasport is seeking a part-time Registered Dietitian (RD) to fill a temporary 6 to 8 week assignment.

The Registered Dietitian obtains information necessary for the writing of nutritional care planning and assessment, interviews all new admissions and all residents referred by other disciplines as appropriate.

Demonstrates the ability to Supervise and Direct others.

Maintains in-house confidentiality.

Must be a graduate of a 4 year college with a BS degree in Dietetic and/or Food Management. Must also be registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration and hold a membership in ADA.
http://jobview.nytimes.monster.com/GetJob.aspx?JobID=134022138&aid=111304034&uid=1000100696D326A27A682E4213B545379B2AFCF855346C317C18DCFF7382F750B2F511C36AE3CDD2E96DD63A692EA22F8CB10BD73914270B8F6C6F0F2C597E0DD74275863AD7F93EBB6383DDE4EEEF80B95BCA&WT.mc_n=JSAHG10&jvs=e,ar,l,2

Registered Dietitian (Glengariff)

Registered Dietitian.

We are looking for a professional, energetic Dietitian to join our rapidly growing organization . The candidate will be working with the medical and dinning services team at a large skilled nursing center in Glen Cove, NY.
RESPONSIBILITIES:
Monitor nutritional status of residents in long term care and Rehab center. Complete nutritional assessments and complete /review RAI. and care plan processes.
Assist facility in identifying clinical nutrition problems and work towards solutions .
Participate in efforts to improve and maintain acceptable clinical indicators

QUALIFICATIONS:

Bachelors degree required.

Active current registered Dietitian required

2 years of clinical EXP. Preferred

Expertise in clinical nutrition, preferably geriatric rehab care practices in a skilled nursing setting

Possess knowledge of all applicable local, state and federal regulatory statues and guidlines pertaining to healthcare in the skilled nursing setting.

Sufficient knowledge of food production and distribution, to evaluate meal quality,dinning programs and texture modified diet preparation.

Ability to multi task and prioritize when needed, comfortable working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
http://jobview.nytimes.monster.com/GetJob.aspx?JobID=133972546&aid=111304034&uid=1000100696D326A27A682E4213B545379B2AFCF855346C317C18DCFF7382F750B2F511C36AE3CDD2E96DD63A692EA22F8CB10BD73914270B8F6C6F0F2C597E0DD74275863AD7F93EBB6383DDE4EEEF80B95BCA&WT.mc_n=JSAHG10&jvs=e,ar,l,3

Working Title Part-Time Risk Behavior Interviewer
Company NYC Dept. of Health and Mental Hygiene
Program DOH-HIV
Employment Status Part-Time less than 28 Hrs
Borough All Boroughs
Area N/A
Program Overview With an annual budget of $1.6 billion and more than 6,000 employees throughout the five boroughs, we're one of the largest public health agencies in the world, serving 8 million New Yorkers from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds. With over 200 years of leadership in the field, we're also one of our nation's oldest public health agencies. The challenges we face range from obesity, diabetes and heart disease to HIV/AIDS, tobacco addiction and substance abuse, and the threat of bioterrorism. We're tackling these issues with innovative policies and programs ' and getting exceptional results ' but our work is never finished. The breadth of our innovative programs provides the widest range of choices for every member of our team.
Job Description The Research Unit of the HIV Epidemiology and Field Services Program is recruiting Interviewers on a part-time temporary basis for the New York City National HIV Behavioral Surveillance System (NHBS). NHBS is a national, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-funded research project conducted annually in New York City and other participating sites. The project investigates HIV risk behaviors, access to and utilization of HIV prevention services, testing history, and HIV prevalence among populations at risk for HIV infection, including men who have sex with men (MSM), injection drug users (IDU), and high-risk heterosexuals (HET).

The study population for 2014 is MSM (men who have sex with men). Interviewers will administer 30-40 minute risk behavior interviews using tablet PCs and provide HIV counseling and testing to participants.
Responsibilities:
• Conduct in-depth, standardized surveys with study participants
• Collect specimens for HIV testing via finger stick, or other methods as determined by the protocol
• Provide HIV counseling
• Screen potential participants for eligibility and obtain informed consent
• Maintain data integrity (i.e., all data collected accurately represents the information provided by a participant)
• Accurately document participant information for the eligibility screener, consent form(s), questionnaire, and Participant Tracking Form
• Prepare and maintain interview and testing materials and supplies
• Assist with ongoing formative research as necessary.
• Participate in required trainings
• Assist with other related duties as assigned.

Qualifications:
• Ability to adhere to detailed survey research protocols
• Ability to comply with strict protocols for confidentiality
• Strong attention to details
• Ability to establish rapport with diverse racial/ethnic, socioeconomic, and sexual orientation groups
• Strong oral communication skills
• Proficiency in Spanish is an advantage, but not required
• Ability to learn and use computerized interview programs

Special Requirements
• Willing to work shifts during evening, night, and weekends during the survey period (expected June-November 2014).

Lila Starbuck
NYC National HIV Behavioral Surveillance System YMSM Field Coordinator
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
42-09 28th Street, #22-146
Long Island City, New York 11101-4132
Office Tel: 347-396-7748 | Cell: 917-612-4803

31199: Clinical Dietitian 3 - https://external-careers-sodexo.icims.com/jobs/31199/clinical-dietitian-3/job

Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian who is a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) to administer and promote diabetes education for Ocala Health in Ocala, FL. This is a great opportunity for a dynamic, energetic self-starter to head a diabetes practice. The selected candidate will be involved with the growth and marketing of the center, developing and designing policies and procedures, education to clients and staff and group/support classes. ***Sign-0n Bonus is available***
Reporting to the General Manager, the ideal candidate will:
• Be a registered Dietitian with 2 or more years’ experience in an acute care setting specializing in diabetes with the CDE credential.
• Work as part of a new Diabetes program in a team providing Diabetes care and education to outpatients and an inpatient population.
• Familiar with Nutrition Care Process and Nutrition Diagnosis
• Provide education to patients, as well as staff and work well with physicians, nursing, and ancillary staff
• Possess the ability to creatively problem solve, work independently with minimal supervision and make decisions while working within a self-directed and team-oriented work environment
• Have excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact with a wide variety of individuals and groups
• Have strong time management and organizational skills to be successful in this position

32236: Clinical Nutrition Manager 2 - https://external-careers-sodexo.icims.com/jobs/32236/clinical-nutrition-manager-2/job
Sodexo is seeking Registered Dietitian for a Clinical Nutrition Manager position at Blythedale Children’s Hospital located in Valhalla, New York. In this role you will be responsible for leading a team of two dietitians in the management of the medical nutrition therapy program. This position works hand in hand with the food production manager to develop menus, provide training to the food service staff, and coordinate special events. The Clinical Nutrition Manager will fill in in the absence of the Food Production Manager. This position reports directly to Food Service Director. Come join a winning team with Sodexo.
Blythedale is New York State’s only independent, specialty children’s hospital dedicated to improving the health and quality of life of children with complex medical illnesses and conditions. Our Board Certified physicians, experienced nurses and supporting clinicians work with families to provide individualized, intensive and innovative medical and therapeutic care. Together with specialized school curricula and family support services, we help children achieve their rehabilitative goals and return to their communities.

Position: We are seeking multiple Registered Dietitians for a 3 MONTH TEMP ASSIGNMENT downtown at a large HMO - 9:30-5PM
The position is 100% computer/phone based work. Fast paced environment.
Experience with a variety of nutrition care including tube feeding and kidney disease/end stage renal disease on dialysis.
The RD will be determining dietary needs for a frail adult population and will interact with family, caregiver, etc.
Knowledge of food-medication interactions.
Clear speaking
Fluent in Spanish a plus.
Please send resumes to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Editorial Assistant
I'm looking for a paid intern / recent college grad. Please send a resume, and a real (not canned email) about you and your interest in health, nutrition, food, fitness, social media, health technology and entrepreneurship. The applicant should be resourceful, comfortable working one-on-one, a strong writer, have great phone and email communication ability, excellent/ obsessive compulsive organizational and planning skills, health/medical and technology focused, extraordinary computer and technology aptitude / search skill and a great attitude with a positive disposition. However, the most important skill is your ability as a communicator; this means you should be an expert writer and an expert in social media. The job is part-time, about 10-20 hours per week. Send a simple email with a bit of information about yourself, why you're looking for a job, describe your skills and a very brief explanation about why you want this particular job. Please send to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

CHARLES PLATKIN PhD, JD, MPH
Nationally Syndicated Health Columnist
Editor, DietDetective.com<http://DietDetective.com>
Distinguished Lecturer at
Hunter College and City University of New York School of Public Health

Summer Internship position: Collect and Analyze Data for a Wellness Program

Wellness Foundation (wfeh.org<http://wfeh.org>) advocates for a whole, natural, plant-food diet, regular exercise, and stress management for best health. Our adult program, the Wellness Challenge, has graduated more than 1,000 participants.
Some graduates have adhered to the principles learned, and others, to varying degrees, have not. We would like to survey past participants to understand what we could do to help graduates stay on track with the lifestyle changes encouraged in the Wellness challenge.
Wellness Foundation is looking for a student with an interest in wellness and, preferably, a background in statistics to conduct an unpaid, guided telephone survey project and tabulate and analyze collected data. Estimated time for project completion is four weeks. The candidate should be able to attend at least one in-person meeting in our offices in East Hampton, NY but the rest of the work can be completed remotely.
Qualifications
• The ideal intern would be an undergraduate or graduate student in a health or nutrition related field.
• The intern should be organized and be able to manage responses from Wellness Challenge graduates using computer technology.
• The intern should have a friendly demeanor to encourage participation in the survey.
• The intern should be able to participate in regular meetings with Wellness Foundation staff (either by phone or in person) to report on project progress and troubleshoot problems.
• Data entry and results computation are required.

Interested candidates should send a resume to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Diabetes Education Consultant
Isabella Geriatric Center is seeking an experienced Diabetes Educator to provide bilingual diabetes education, individual coaching, and support group leadership for the Together on Diabetes program in Washington Heights and Inwood. Together on Diabetes is a community partnership program lodged at Isabella Geriatric Center that provides ongoing education and support services in senior-serving sites across the community to help seniors improve the management of their diabetes.

Qualifications:
• BS in Health Related field preferred.
• Training in Diabetes Self-Management Care.
• 3+ Years of training and education experience Diabetes and/or Chronic Disease. Self-Management.
• RN or RD; Certified Diabetic Educator preferred.
• Bilingual (Fluent in Spanish/English) – speaking and writing.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.isabella.org<http://www.isabella.org> and click on the employment tab, or e-mail your resume to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Fax: 212-781-3678.

Isabella is located in upper Manhattan and is easily accessible by public transportation. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. To learn more and to apply, please visit our website: www.isabella.org<http://www.isabella.org> and click on the employment tab or e-mail your resume to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Fax: 212-781-3678. EOE M/F/D/V.

About our Organization

Isabella has been pioneering the effective, compassionate care of the elderly since 1875, and has grown into a leading healthcare organization devoted to the community. Our teams of qualified healthcare professionals have helped extend Isabella’s continuum of care beyond its 705-bed nursing home, and into a variety of community programs designed to help older adults remain healthy while living at home. We’ve been committed to excellence since we started, and with your help, we can make a difference.

We have a CRS II position opening up and are looking for someone who has data programming and analysis experience as well as the ability to draft an analysis plan and be able to digest the information. We have a few surveys being conducted this summer and it would be great if the person was familiar with survey design and analysis as well. Please feel free to circulate the attached job description and have anyone who is interested send a cover letter and resume to Deborah Lew ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

Health Educator/Health Education Assistant Opportunity
Hunter College’s Counseling & Wellness Services (CWS) offers clinical services and health promotion initiatives designed to support students’ well-being, learning and success. There is an opportunity for a part-time Health Educator or Health Education Assistant in the Health Promotion & Education service area of CWS. This is an hourly position with a 19-hour work week. Health Educators are responsible for promoting healthy behavior by equipping students with knowledge, skills, and resources to make informed health-related decisions. The Health Educators design, implement and evaluate programming on a variety of relevant topics including, but not limited to, mental health, healthy relationships, and stress management. This includes taking an active role in programming supported by a SAMHSA (the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration) grant received by CWS and the Psychology Department to design and implement comprehensive mental health promotion and suicide prevention programming at Hunter.
Responsibilities include:
• Design and implement health promotion programs, including annual (e.g., Mental Health & Emotional Wellness Festival) and bi-annual events
• Respond to requests for programming by different members of the Hunter community
(e.g., conducting health-related workshops as per professor requests through the Don’t Cancel That Class program)
• Collaborate with community-based agencies and college departments to offer a variety of activities and resources that advance health promotion initiatives
• Implement grant-related programming (e.g., to encourage student help-seeking behavior) and collaborate with other grant team members
• Use and collect data about students’ mental health, risks, needs and interests to inform programming
• Develop measurable goals and objectives for health promotion initiatives
• Collect and analyze data to evaluate and improve programming
• Research, prepare, and distribute health-related marketing and education materials

Education:
• A Master’s degree in Health Education, Community Health, Public Health, Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field is required for the Health Educator position
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a health-related field, social sciences, or communications is required for the Health Education Assistant position

Other Qualifications:
• Experience in health-related program implementation and coordination
• Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office programs
• Experience with SPSS a plus
• Strong interest in mental health, and college or community health
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
• Ability to and interest in working collaboratively

To learn more about Counseling & Wellness Services, please visit: www.hunter.cuny.edu/studentservices/wellness<http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/studentservices/wellness>.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Applications will be accepted until position is filled with interviews to begin in July 2014.

Riverfront Nutrition Associates
Busy private practice of Registered Dietitians in NJ seeking RD's to work evenings and saturdays. Locations in Hackensack, Edgewater and Nutley. RD necessary and CDE preferred.
Please forward resume to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

The Healthy Eating & Active Living Unit of the Department of Health & Mental Hygiene is seeking an administrative intern to provide administrative and financial support to our public health nutrition policy initiatives from July – October 2014. This is an opportunity to work on groundbreaking food and nutrition policy that serves as a model for public health policy nationwide.

If possible, please post attached internship description to your career webpage.

All interested candidates, should submit a cover letter and resume to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by June 20, 2014.

Thank you,

Jiovelicce Dennis, MBA
Program Administrator – Healthy Eating & Active Living Unit
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Bureau of Chronic Disease Prevention and Tobacco Control

Healthy Checkout Line Evaluation Intern

The New York City DOHMH is launching an evaluation of the pilot project called “Healthy Checkout

Lines” in select grocery stores in the Bronx June and July 2014.

For this evaluation, participating grocery stores will feature an HCL that will contain healthier

food options or non-food options. This evaluation seeks to determine the effectiveness of HCLs

as compared with traditional checkout lines. The evaluation will involve testing the feasibility of

installing the checkout lines, data collection to understand customer flow at stores, and surveys

with approximately 1,000 customers.

The DOHMH Shop Healthy NYC! program is looking for 8 interns to assist with implementation of

the HCL evaluation. These interns will be responsible for survey administration, maintenance of

healthy checkout line displays, data entry, and other tasks as needed. The position provides hands-
on research experience and exposure to NYC DOHMH programming, making it a great resume

The internship will take place from June 30, 2014 ending on July 14 2014, requiring approximately

20 hours/week. The position pays $14/hr. Interns must be available to work 2:30-6:30pm

on weekdays and 11:30am-3:30pm on weekends. Travel to the Bronx is required, with

reimbursement for use of mass transit.

o Bachelor’s degree required

o Master’s degree or credits towards a masters preferred

o Fluent in Spanish

o Experience in public health, education, medical, or social sciences preferred

This position requires an accelerated hiring process so please apply ASAP. Interviews will begin

Interested candidates please send resumes & cover letter to Alyce Osborne at:

[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT

The department of Family, Nutrition and Exercise Sciences at Queens College of the City University of New York (CUNY) invites applications for a full-time lecturer position starting in the Fall 2014 semester. The successful candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in nutrition and dietetics and direct the Dietetic Internship program, serve on department and college-wide committees, and be committed to teaching a diverse body of urban students. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics accredited dietetic internship program and the graduate program of Nutrition and Exercise Sciences/Nutrition Specialization together have approximately 60 students. For a complete description of the department and its programs, go to: http://qcpages.qc.edu/FNES/. To learn more about the Dietetic Internship program, go to: https://tinyurl.com/pcqlbq9

The responsibilities for the director of Dietetic Internship program include, but are not limited to the following:
- Development of policies and procedures for effectively managing all components of the program and to ensure fair, equitable, and considerate treatment of the prospective and enrolled interns.
- Student recruitment, advisement, evaluation, and counseling.
- Maintenance of program accreditation including timely submission of fees, reports, and requests for major program changes.
- Ongoing review of program curriculum to meet accreditation standards.
- Communication and coordination with program faculty, preceptors, and others involved with the program.
- Facilitation of processes for continuous assessment of program and student learning outcomes.

QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree required.

Preferred Qualifications:
- Registered dietitian with 4 years of full-time experience strongly preferred
- Master's and/or doctoral degree in nutrition (or a closely related area) strongly preferred
- Teaching experience at college level and previous experience as a Dietetic Internship director or internship preceptor

COMPENSATION
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.

HOW TO APPLY
Applications must include the following items:
1. Cover letter
2. One page statement of professional interest and teaching philosophy 3. Curriculum vitae including names and contact information for 3 references 4. Copies of publications (if any) and/or educational materials (if any) developed by the candidate 5. Official transcripts of all academic work 6. A minimum of 3 recommendation letters which address the candidate's ability to teach and direct the dietetic internship program

Candidates MUST submit items 1 to 4 electronically as a single document by visiting CUNY Employment website (instructions below). Applications not submitted at the CUNY website, but emailed/mailed to search committee will not be considered. Items 5 and 6 should be mailed to search committee (address below).

Instructions for submission of items 1 to 4:
- Go to www.cuny.edu<http://www.cuny.edu> and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search Job Postings"
- Click on "Employment Opportunities"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD ALL APPLICATION MATERIAL AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.

Address for submission of items 5 and 6:
Official transcripts and recommendation letters should be mailed to:
Dr. Sunitha Jasti
Chair, Search committee
Department of Family, Nutrition, and Exercise Sciences Queens College - CUNY
65-30 Kissena Boulevard
Flushing, NY 11367
e-mail address: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

CLOSING DATE
Open until filled with review to begin 7/02/14.

JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty

EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.

We are having the 2014 GreenThumb Summer Fest at Marcus Garvey Park in
Harlem on June 21st.

This is a celebration of NYC's community gardens, and it is in conjunction
with Make Music New York. There will be live music, elected officials, a
children's zone, workshops and local food vendors, etc.

We are currently recruiting volunteers for the event. We would ideally love
to have around 20 from 9am - 1pm, and another 20 from 1pm - 5pm. They will
get a free T-shirt and lunch. It should be a really fun event!

Best regards,

Carolyn Schaefer
GreenThumb Summer Fest
Task Force Coordinator
917-568-3974

National Account Manager – Northeast U.S.
About the Job
Every day, the 29,000 people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) turn crops into renewable products that meet the demands of a growing world. At more than 240 processing plants, we convert corn, oilseeds, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses. We operate the world’s premier crop origination and transportation network, connecting crops and markets in more than 60 countries. Our global headquarters is in Decatur, Illinois, and our net sales for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2010, were $62 billion. For more information about our Company and our products, visit www.adm.com<http://www.adm.com>.

National Account Manager – Northeast U.S.
ADM Alliance Nutrition, Inc. – a fully-owned subsidiary of Archer Daniels Midland Company and national manufacturer of livestock feed with over 40 locations in North America is seeking a proven leader in account management/sales to hold the position of National Account Manager. This position will develop and maintain relationships with strategic accounts primarily consisting of swine & poultry integrators, regional and national feed companies, and pet food manufacturers in Northeast U.S. Sales activity will focus on uncovering and understanding individual customer goals and priorities and then positioning the appropriate ADM ANI products and services to meet those needs. Responsibilities for this position include:

• Annually develop and periodically update a comprehensive territory business plan including financial targets and supporting account strategies.
• Attain the established fiscal year sales and expense targets.
• Identify all potential accounts within the assigned territory, develop an account profile for each and utilize these customer/prospect files in planning, goal setting and analyzing each account’s potential.
• Proactively work with Alliance Nutrition product managers and technical sales staff to develop specific strategies to grow specialty Ingredient product sales within the assigned territory.
• Develop close customer relationships to facilitate business opportunities between ADM ANI and the assigned customers.
• Monitor and report feed ingredient pricing in the assigned region along with other feed industry trends and competitor activities.
• Work closely with assigned customer service representative to efficiently service customer needs. Delegate adequate authority for day to day customer decisions related to pricing and other support services to assigned customer service representative.
• Coordinate sales calls with Tech Support as appropriate to attain customer sale targets.

Requirements for this position include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Ag Business/Marketing with Ag industry knowledge, including current trends in production systems and markets and an understanding of key participants and influencers.
• Ability to creatively solve problems and build consensus with others for recommendations.
• Superior verbal and written communications, time management, and organizational skills.
• Effective presentation and sales skills.
• Computer knowledge with Microsoft Office applications.
• Travel 60-80% of the time
• Lifting up to 50 lbs.

Relocation will be provided for the right candidate but preference will be given to candidates currently living within the geographical territory.

This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.

ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.

ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer
http://jobview.nytimes.monster.com/GetJob.aspx?JobID=135440067&aid=111304036&uid=1000100696D326A27A682E4213B545379B2AFCF855346C317C18DCFF7382F750B2F511C36AE3CDD2E96DD63A692EA22F8CB10BD73914270B8F6C6F0F2C597E0DD74275863AD7F93EBB6383DDE4EEEF80B95BCA&WT.mc_n=JSAHG10&jvs=e,ar,l,2

Renal Sales Specialist
About the Job
Our Client, headquartered in New York, is focused on bringing innovative therapies to market for patients suffering from chronic kidney disease (CKD). In the United States, ferric citrate coordination complex is currently under review by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of hyperphosphatemia in dialysis-dependent CKD patients, where, pending approval, it will be marketed as Zerenex™ by our client. In January 2014, ferric citrate coordination complex, was approved for the treatment of patients with all stages of CKD in Japan, where it will be marketed as Riona® by our client's Japanese partner.

Responsibilities:
In order to be effective in this role, you must be able to work productively in a collaborative and flexible environment.

The Renal Sales Specialist (RSS) is a field-based sales position responsible for selling Zerenex, for the treatment of hyperphosphatemia in dialysis-dependent CKD.

The RSS will be calling on Health Care Providers involved with patients on dialysis treatments.

They will be responsible for developing and building consultative relationships with various stakeholders throughout accounts. These would include the Nephrologist, Renal Dietitian, Facility Administrator, Nurse and Social Worker. This is a complete account management position.

All members of our client’s field sales team will provide technical and clinical product knowledge to their customers and will work collaboratively with internal departments such as Marketing and Sales Operations to continue to enhance the product strategy to reach more patients and to better meet the needs of our customers through:

• Demonstration of strong clinical knowledge and understanding of disease state
• Establishing and maintaining strong professional relationships with key customers;
• Providing excellent customer service and follow-through skills through account based selling
• Communicate Zerenex product features, advantages and benefits related to customer priorities. Effectively use promotional aids to increase buying behavior
• The RSS will be responsible for understanding the customer and territory analysis in order to create and execute an effective business plan
• Responsible for all customers and sales in their territory, including achieving and exceeding quarterly and annual territory sales goals
• Follow ethical and compliant selling policies
• Engage in collaborative and productive team approach to sharing best practices
• Attend local, regional and national meetings as directed.

Qualifications
Demonstrated history of strong sales performance

Minimum of 5 years’ specialty sales experience in the Pharmaceutical or
Biotechnology industry

Commitment to a compliant working environment

Strong written and oral communication skills

Product launch and Renal experience a plus

Bachelor’s Degree Required
http://jobview.nytimes.monster.com/GetJob.aspx?JobID=135447875&aid=111304034&uid=1000100696D326A27A682E4213B545379B2AFCF855346C317C18DCFF7382F750B2F511C36AE3CDD2E96DD63A692EA22F8CB10BD73914270B8F6C6F0F2C597E0DD74275863AD7F93EBB6383DDE4EEEF80B95BCA&WT.mc_n=JSAHG10&jvs=e,ar,l,5

Registered Dietitian
About the Job

Part Time(Approx 16 hours per week) Registered Dietitian needed for a small residential school for developmentally disabled children. Experience working with students with disabilities a plus. Must be a Registered Dietitian (RD) and/or have license/certification. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus. Computer skills a must.
http://jobview.nytimes.monster.com/GetJob.aspx?JobID=135252540&aid=111304034&uid=1000100696D326A27A682E4213B545379B2AFCF855346C317C18DCFF7382F750B2F511C36AE3CDD2E96DD63A692EA22F8CB10BD73914270B8F6C6F0F2C597E0DD74275863AD7F93EBB6383DDE4EEEF80B95BCA&WT.mc_n=JSAHG10&jvs=e,ar,l,4

Certified Diabetes Health Educator
Job posted by: Institute for Family Health
Posted on: June 9, 2014
• Share
• Bookmark
• Print
Job description
Bronx Location
Summary of Position: The Certified Diabetes Health Educator, in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team and in accordance with approved protocols, provides Diabetes Self-Management Education and training services to clients/families with diabetes (pediatric, adult, and geriatric). Education: Registered nurse/ Registered dietician/ with current licensure and registration in NYS. Advanced training in diabetes required (certification by the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (CDE) or a minimum of comprehensive diabetes training or equivalent with evidenced of minimal 20 CEU's annually. Plan to take CDE exam within year of date of hire.
Education: BS or higher degree desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Assess patient's status (physical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational needs, and home needs). Adjust intensity of service based on needs, and appropriate utilization of resources. Assess the patient's abilities, limitations and barriers to diabetes self-management. In collaboration with the PCP and multidisciplinary team, identify and prioritize strategies to assist patients with Diabetes Self-Management education. Using self-management-training techniques, assess, plan and implement patient and family education in an individual and/or group setting. Education includes but is not limited to self blood glucose monitoring, medications, diet, exercise, emotional adjustment and coping skills, foot care and risk reduction. Evaluate the effectiveness of educational process toward achieving self-management. Refer when appropriate.
How to apply
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter (specifying the position of interest) with salary requirements to: HR Department The Institute for Family Health 22 West 19th Street, 8th Floor, New York 10011 Fax: (212) 620-0688 Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Health and Wellness Coordinator - Jasper
Job posted by: Lantern Community Services
Posted on: June 9, 2014
• Share
• Bookmark
• Print
Job description
Lantern Organization, a not-for-profit housing developer and service provider established in 1997 to strengthen New York City communities, provides affordable housing and opportunities for personal enrichment and growth. Lantern Community Services (LCS) is the social service affiliate of Lantern Organization, and touches the lives of residents living in more than 1,000 units of permanent affordable and supportive housing for low-income families and individuals living with special needs including mental illness, HIV/AIDS, as well as young adults aging out of foster care. Tenants living in Lantern buildings are offered beautiful and safe affordable housing in which they can lead independent lives in a supportive environment. For more information on Lantern Organization, please visit our website at www.lanterngroup.org<http://www.lanterngroup.org>.
Job Description: The Health and Wellness Coordinator (HWC) is responsible for working with families and young adults (18 – 26 years old) in supportive housing towards comprehensive physical and emotional health and independence. By emphasizing health and wellness and using a client centered approach, the HWC will provide individual and group interventions to maximize personal growth, housing stability, and achievement of goals, while also building a respectful and positive community. This position will work as a member of an interdisciplinary team in supportive housing serving families and young adults impacted by mental illness, substance abuse, foster care and homelessness. The HWC reports to the Program Director. This position is exempt.
Duties:
• Develop and implement progressive programming (serving individuals and groups) aimed at ensuring all clients have access to information and services based on best practices in the delivery of health and wellness programming.
• Work closely with the client and social worker to provide services focusing on health and wellness, and support individualized service planning.
• Experience with alternative health and wellness concepts and programming including smoking cessation, stress management, harm reduction, relaxation techniques and nutrition.
• Build partnerships and linkages with progressive and/or alternative community agencies that serve the needs of clients.
• Train staff and serve as a program expert in provision of best practices and progressive services and programming related to health and wellness.
• Participate in weekly clinical case conferences, regular staff meetings, individual supervision and other meetings as required.
• Comprehensive understanding of child and adolescent development as well as family dynamics.
• Document all client work in confidential electronic records.
• Complete reports as directed by supervisor.
• Perform other job-related functions, as assigned
Qualifications:
• Master's Degree strongly preferred; Bachelor's Degree with relevant experience serving populations impacted by substance abuse, mental illness, HIV/AIDS and homelessness required.
• Ability to work as a collaborative team member with a diverse population.
• Proactive problem solver willing and able to seek creative solutions in the interest of clients and building a strong and respectful community.
• Experience providing training to staff, facilitating groups and effectively engaging clients with multiple barriers to stability and independence.
• Minimum of 2 years experience providing direct service to one or more of the following populations: persons living with AIDS /HIV, formerly homeless and chronically homeless persons and families, young adults aged out of foster care, persons with mental illness, or persons in recovery from addiction.
How to apply
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter expressing your interest in the position and the population served to:[log in to unmask]<http://lanterngroup.org>.
Note: Candidates being considered for the position must sign a release form for LCS to perform a criminal background check.
Notice: Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
Location
Bronx, NY, 10451, US
Details
Education requirements
4-year degree
Employment type
Full time
Professional level
Professional
Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance and 401K with generous employer match
Job function
Counseling,Direct social services
Owner's areas of focus
Housing and homelessness,Human services

Health Coordinator, Healthy Harlem
Job posted by: Harlem Children's Zone
Posted on: June 10, 2014
• Share
• Bookmark
• Print
Job description
We are seeking a Health Coordinator to provide direction and leadership for our expanding and evolving Healthy Harlem program. They will be responsible for managing and administering program services and coordinating program evaluation. This position reports to the Director at their respective program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Implement and manage all Healthy Harlem programs, including effective delivery of nutrition education and physical activity programming, parent programming, and behavior modification programming
• Hire and manage staff implementing Healthy Harlem programs
• Partner and coordinate with site staff to ensure accurate tracking and evaluation data and case management support of program participants
• Engage and train site staff in healthy eating/active living practices
• Attend regular trainings with other Health Coordinators to share best practices
• Establish and maintain collaborations with relevant community organizations, schools, and parents
• Support the Site Director with tracking and assessing of healthy eating and active living programs and their progress
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Nutrition, Recreation, Exercise Physiology, or a related field; ideal candidate will have a Master's degree in one of these fields and supervisory experience
• Must be knowledgeable about nutrition, physical fitness, and wellness concepts
• Familiar with the emotional, social, and mental aspects of a healthy lifestyle, including the safety and overall well-being of individuals engaged in healthy eating/active living programs
• Experience working with youth and adolescent population
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
• Ability to work on a team and individually
• Comfortable working with outside community organizations and contracted program providers
• Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of populations served
• Must be able to work flexible hours and perform extensive field work
How to apply
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. To apply, CLICK HERE.
No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.
http://www.idealist.org/view/job/g8ssbSsKp6np/

Nutrition Educator, Healthy Harlem
Job posted by: Harlem Children's Zone
Posted on: June 10, 2014
• Share
• Bookmark
• Print
Job description
We are seeking part-time Nutrition Educators to work at our selected HCZ sites. They will work at a designated program location and will be part of a wellness team dedicated to improving nutrition and increasing physical activity for students at their respective site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct cooking and nutrition education classes/workshops for students, grades Pre-K through 12
• Attend all trainings and meetings as determined by Health Coordinator
• Advocate healthier eating for students and staff, both on- and off-site
• Document student activities, participation, and services provided
• Assist with special projects and events
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Nutrition or related field with 1-2 years of relevant work experience; working knowledge of community nutrition preferred
• Must have experience conducting health assessments and facilitating group workshops
• Must have experience implementing hands-on nutrition education and cooking programs
• Experience working with youth
• Comfortable working in various urban settings and with diverse populations
• Team-oriented with strong organizational and collaborative skills
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Adapts well to changes in assignment and priorities with the ability to respond effectively to new information, changing conditions, and unexpected obstacles
• Must be available to work after-school hours and evenings, as well as attend trainings during out-of-program hours
• Willingness to model Healthy Harlem standards of nutrition and activity and personally
How to apply
To be considered, interested applicants must submit acover letter and resume. To apply, CLICK HERE.
No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.

JOB DESCRIPTION

Healthy Checkout Line Evaluation Intern

Background
The New York City DOHMH is launching an evaluation of the pilot project called “Healthy Checkout Lines” in select grocery stores in the Bronx June and July 2014.

For this evaluation, participating grocery stores will feature an HCL that will contain healthier food options or non-food options. This evaluation seeks to determine the effectiveness of HCLs as compared with traditional checkout lines. The evaluation will involve testing the feasibility of installing the checkout lines, data collection to understand customer flow at stores, and surveys with approximately 1,000 customers.

Roles and Responsibilities
The DOHMH Shop Healthy NYC! program is looking for 8 interns to assist with implementation of the HCL evaluation. These interns will be responsible for survey administration, maintenance of healthy checkout line displays, data entry, and other tasks as needed. The position provides hands-on research experience and exposure to NYC DOHMH programming, making it a great resume builder.

Details of the job
The internship will take place from June 30, 2014 ending on July 14 2014, requiring approximately 20 hours/week. The position pays $14/hr. Interns must be available to work 2:30-6:30pm on weekdays and 11:30am-3:30pm on weekends. Travel to the Bronx is required, with reimbursement for use of mass transit.

Requirements:
o Bachelor’s degree required
o Master’s degree or credits towards a masters preferred
o Fluent in Spanish
o Experience in public health, education, medical, or social sciences preferred

This position requires an accelerated hiring process so please apply ASAP. Interviews will begin immediately.

Interested candidates please send resumes & cover letter to Alyce Osborne at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Posted by: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Reply via web post<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NY_RD_NEWS/conversations/messages/4228;_ylc=X3oDMTJwbGVrZnJuBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI4OTQyMDQEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3NzA5BG1zZ0lkAzQyMjgEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxNDAyNzQ1OTY5?act=reply&messageNum=4228>  •       Reply to sender <mailto:[log in to unmask]>  •       Reply to group <mailto:[log in to unmask]>   •       Start a New Topic<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NY_RD_NEWS/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJlYmZzNm1nBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI4OTQyMDQEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3NzA5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTQwMjc0NTk2OQ-->      •       Messages in this topic<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NY_RD_NEWS/conversations/topics/4228;_ylc=X3oDMTM0OWEzc3ZjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI4OTQyMDQEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3NzA5BG1zZ0lkAzQyMjgEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxNDAyNzQ1OTY5BHRwY0lkAzQyMjg-> (1)
Chef Kyle Shadix, MS, RD
Culinary Nutrition Communications
www.chefkyle.com<http://www.chefkyle.com>

Twitter:  @chefkylerd