I just received this through one of my gov’t listservs. /as

The findings and conclusions presented in the resource below are solely those of the authors and do not represent the official position or policies of the US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nor does the mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.

From: ChangeLab Solutions [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:36 AM
Subject: Unlock Possibilities: Learn More About Shared Use with ChangeLab Solutions!

Forward to a friend | View in your browser

ChangeLab Solutions logo

Welcome to the world of shared use!

At ChangeLab Solutions, we believe shared use is a winning strategy because it maximizes the use of public resources to benefit the community as a whole. That’s why, this week, we’ve launched a brand new section of our website focused on this method of unlocking possibilities for everyone.

Open schoolyards with shared use!From the nuts and bolts of creating a shared use agreements to state-specific resources to a history of ChangeLab Solutions’ work on shared use, this new section will give you all the tools you need to put this strategy to work for your community.

Check out this new resource, and join the conversation about shared use on Twitter using #UnlockPossibilities. We look forward to hearing about your shared use successes!

Using Shared Use to Help Students Be More Active

Want to learn more about how schools and teachers can play an important role in increasing physical activities for students? Check out our newest post on Edutopia, Working It Out: How Shared Use Can Create Opportunities for Physical Activity. This post from ChangeLab Solutions senior staff attorney Ben Winig walks readers through the steps toward a successful shared use agreement, and how to overcome challenges that may arise along the way.

About Shared Use

“Shared use” – also called “joint use” or “community use” – occurs when government entities, or sometimes private, nonprofit organizations, agree to open or broaden access to their facilities for community use.

Although shared use is most often used as a strategy to increase physical activity opportunities on school grounds, other government agencies, community-based organizations, and faith-based institutions are successfully implementing other types of shared use arrangements.

Examples include using public or private property for growing food, opening kitchen facilities for cooking classes, and creating recreational opportunities with non-traditional partners such as utility districts.

For more information about shared use, visit our new shared use section on our website or contact us.

ChangeLab Solutions is a national nonprofit creating law and policy innovation for the common good. We help transform neighborhoods, cities, and states with laws and policies that make communities more livable, especially for those with the fewest resources. For more information, see our Product Catalog and Workshop & Training Catalog, and contact us.

ChangeLab Solutions  |  www.changelabsolutions.org  |  (510) 302-3380
Images: Lydia Daniller, ChangeLab Solutions.
Copyright © 2014 ChangeLab Solutions. All rights reserved.

Click to view this email in a browser

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click on the following link:

ChangeLab Solutions
2201 Broadway
Suite 502
Oakland, California 94612
US

Non-Profits Email Free with VerticalResponse!