DS-7460 VFHK E News_Header

Greetings:

On behalf of the Voices for Healthy Kids team, we are excited to share with you the toolkit on access to healthy and affordable foods in corner stores entitled “Just Around the Corner.”  To receive access to the toolkit, click here.

This toolkit is a compilation of facts, sample materials, and guidance on how to build, engage, and mobilize a social change movement in your state or community on this critical issue.  The toolkit is wrapped together by a unique theme designed to maximize interest and action to increase shared use.  Together with a collection of parallel toolkits on other proven social change strategies to help kids live more active, healthful lives, we want to help focus and energize advocates around the country.

This toolkit is for you to use and share.  Just as important, we want to hear back from you.  We consider our toolkits to be dynamic documents.  We want to update, improve, and add to them based on the insights and lessons in the field.  Please share back with us your comments for the next version.

Voices for Healthy Kids is a collaboration between the American Heart Association and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation launched in February 2013.  Together with a diverse array of partners, we are working to engage, organize and mobilize advocates to improve the health of their communities and reverse the childhood obesity epidemic.  There are now more than one-in- three children and teens in the U.S. who are overweight or obese.  Voices for Healthy Kids is focused on advocating for policy and social change at the community, state, and federal levels in order to help young people eat healthier foods and be more active.  Find out more at www.voicesforhealthykids.org.

If you want to learn more about Voices for Healthy Kids, we have many opportunities to share resources, to get involved in advocacy efforts at the state and local level as well as join us in support of reversing youth obesity through policy and advocacy efforts. For more information, please email us at [log in to unmask].

We look forward to hearing from you.

Jill Birnbaum, JD
Vice President, State Advocacy & Public Health

Executive Director, Voices for Healthy Kids

7272 Greenville Avenue  I  Dallas, Texas 75231
P 612-202-1980
[log in to unmask] | www.voicesforhealthykids.org

the health of our kids is why

cid:image003.jpg@01CFB62A.5BB69DD0