To Whom This May Concern,

We are seeking two (2) interns with advanced expository writing skills to edit chapter submissions.

Food Law International (FLI) is a collaboration co-founded by Gabriela Steier and Kiran Patel, two attorneys from diverse professional backgrounds. FLI's mission in the advancement and development of scholarship and interdisciplinary legal education on all aspects of international food law with the goal to promote environmental sustainability, public health, food safety, animal welfare and social integrity.

Co-founders, Gabriela and Kiran, have recently secured a publishing agreement for its first global textbook on food law, which is titled, International Food Law and Policy. This breakthrough book is the first interdisciplinary piece of legal scholarship of its kind with a comprehensive reader-friendly approach to teach the intricacies of the various aspects of international food law and policy. FLI has cultivated a global network of authors who are advising and collaborating on FLI projects and are committed to the same goals as FLI.

Our first textbook will have approximately 50 chapters and we need assistance to edit these chapters as authors around the world are writing them. The chapters range from introductions to intellectual property and comparative law to the intersection of agriculture and international food law.

This is a terrific opportunity to obtain work experience in academic writing and in the editing field. We offer hands-on guidance and we would be willing to provide due credit in the textbook for your editing services. The experience you can gain from this position is outstanding preparation for graduate school across disciplines and we would be able to provide letters of recommendation for your future employers.  This is an immediate need that we anticipate being a 5-7 hours per week commitment.

Please feel free to contact Gabriela Steier or Kiran Patel at, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, respectively.  For further information, please visit our website: http://www.foodlawinternational.com/.

Thanks.

Kiran

--
Kiran K. Patel, B.Sc., J.D., LL.M., Esq.
Co-Founder & Executive Editor