From: NAAHP, Inc. [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2014 8:07 AM
To: Kemile A Jackson
Subject: Einstein: Science at the Heart of Medicine

This email is a paid announcement being sent as a service to

Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University.

Please direct your inquiries to them.

Dear Premed Advisor,

More than sixty years ago, world-renowned physicist and humanitarian Albert Einstein lent his name to our medical school prior to its founding. He was impressed by the college's vision of excellence and inclusion. Today, that mission continues to flourish.

At Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University in New York City, we're committed to training future healthcare leaders. Our rigorous M.D. program prepares passionate students from all over the world to become skilled, empathic physicians and physician-researchers.

Academic Excellence.  With more than 2,000 full-time faculty members, Einstein affords students the opportunity to learn from leading medical educators and researchers. Our tagline "science at the heart of medicine" reflects our research-focused approach to medical education that paves the way for promising careers. Einstein M.D. students routinely match to one of their top three residency choices. Watch our 2014 Match Day video >>

Top NY Affiliations.  Einstein is affiliated with five clinical institutions in New York City and Long Island, and runs one of the largest residency and fellowship training programs in the United States. These affiliations provide Einstein students with clerkships and outstanding clinical training. Montefiore Medical Center serves as our University Hospital and academic medical center. Our Bronx location allows students to interact with patients in one of the most ethnically and culturally diverse populations in the country.

Unique Focus on Community and Global Health. Starting in their first year, Einstein students can get involved in our more than 60 clubs and organizations, like volunteering to have direct clinical interaction with patients at the ECHO clinic in the South Bronx, the first student-run clinic in NYC. Einstein also has one of the country's most robust global health programs, with fellowship opportunities in South and Central America, the Caribbean, Europe, Africa and the Pacific Rim. Read student blog posts about their experience serving the community >>

Holistic Admissions Review.  Medicine is increasingly appreciated as a discipline that requires skills and abilities that are acquired through experiences and venues both inside and outside the classroom. Our admissions committee evaluates, equally, each student's personal characteristics and academic readiness for medical school. Learn about Einstein's competency-based admissions process >>

Diverse Student Body.  Embracing this shift toward competency-based medical education, 29% of the recently matriculated M.D. class of 2018 has a non-science undergraduate major. Additionally, 9% self-identify as belonging to groups traditionally under-represented in medicine and students range in age from 21 to 39. Einstein welcomes students with both nontraditional and traditional backgrounds. The blending of backgrounds creates a dynamic learning and social environment, and the Office of Diversity Enhancement helps support our students to ensure their academic success.

Beyond the M.D.  Einstein understands that future doctors may want to combine their medical education with additional areas of focus. We offer dual-degree programs in bioethics and in clinical research, and maintain one of the longest-running M.D.-Ph.D. programs in the country. Our flexible curriculum allows qualified students to complete their M.D. and graduate studies programs in four or five years with a tuition-free fifth year. The M.D.-Ph.D. program typically takes eight years to complete.

We invite you to learn more about the outstanding educational opportunities and the application process at Einstein, both on our website and through the resources in the sidebar.

Please forward this to your students. The link to the admissions brochure, designed especially for them, can be found here.  Thank you!

Sincerely,

Noreen Kerrigan
Associate Dean for Student Admissions
Albert Einstein College of Medicine

Albert Einstein College of Medicine

1300 Morris Park Ave.

Bronx, NY 10461

Forward this email

This email was sent to [log in to unmask] by [log in to unmask] |

Rapid removal with SafeUnsubscribe| Privacy Policy.

NAAHP, Inc.