I am writing to announce the 2015 offerings of the University of Colorado School of Medicine Pre-Med Emergency & Wilderness Medicine Program, designed specifically for undergrads and recent grads interested in medical, nursing, PA, or dental school (or other related health professions).

The program involves a week on the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus with lectures (mainly by medical school faculty), scenarios, labs, emergency department shadowing, and EMS ride-alongs covering general and emergency medicine and almost a week at a camp in the Rockies where we'll focus more on wilderness medicine including lectures, lots of scenarios, in winter an optional winter camping experience, and in summer a three-day backpacking trip (no experience needed).

Cost, which includes lunches, some dinners, transportation to and from the camp, recreational activities, all instruction and labs, CPR certification, optional Wilderness First Responder (WFR) certification, and housing and meals at the camp, is $2195.  We have negotiated special room rates at a nearby hotel with free airport shuttles, free shuttles to and from the Medical Campus, and free breakfasts

Three full need-based scholarships will be awarded.  For more about the program including scholarships, curriculum, and accommodations, please check out our web site at: http://www.coloradowm.org/undergraduate_courses.html.

2015 programs include:

         Date                               Registration Site

     January 5-16          regonline.com/builder/site/?eventid=1591010

     May 26-June 7       regonline.com/builder/site/?eventid=1619985

     August 9-21            regonline.com/builder/site/?eventid=1619994

For more information please contact Dr. Todd Miner at [log in to unmask] or 607-592-5224.

Todd Miner, Ed.D., FAWM

Instructor

Department of Emergency Medicine, Wilderness Medicine Section

University of Colorado School of Medicine

607-592-5224

www.Coloradowm.org

http://wms.org/conferences/adventure/

 cid:image001.png@01CD94B7.8C53F190