Applications are due on October 15th. Do not delay.

From: Students who are interested in careers in all medical fields [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kemile A Jackson
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 11:42 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Weill Cornell Medical College, Department of Emergency Medicine Research Associate Program--Apply today

Weill Cornell Medical College Department of Emergency Medicine Research Associate Program

The Research Associate program is an exciting program which aims to introduce students seeking a career in the health professions to clinical research methods and implementation.  Students will recruit potential study subjects for research protocols being conducted in our emergency department. This will include approaching patients about participation in research studies, enrolling willing participants into studies for which they are eligible, and performing basic study measures (e.g., conducting surveys).  In addition to this research experience, Research Associates will gain valuable clinical experience by being in the emergency department. As part of the program, Research Associates will be required to attend lectures throughout the semester which will give them a more robust understanding of research methodology, the protocols they will be working with, and the gaps in medical knowledge that these protocols aim to address.

Requirements: A minimum weekly commitment of 5 hours per week for the spring semester for each student is required.  However if a student wishes to fulfill more hours each week we can certainly accommodate as many hours as the program would require or the student would like to fulfill.   If a student is enjoying their work, wishes to continue, and we feel they are a good fit for the program, they would then be welcome to continue on after the first semester.

To apply: Please fill out the attached application, this includes a space for references.  Send the application and a resume to Elizabeth Bloemen , [log in to unmask] .  Please submit all application materials by October 15th.

More information:  If you have any questions please contact Elizabeth Bloemen, [log in to unmask]