FROM THE “NO COMMENT NECESSARY” DEPARTMENT

Both Marion Nestle and Michel Simon have a lot to say about this…

Visit Us at FNCE!

Frito-Lay’s registered dietitians Danielle Dalheim, RD, Katie Lovitt, RD, and new Frito-Lay nutrition team member, Yang Pan, MD, PhD will attend the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) Food and Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE) on October 18 – 21 in Atlanta, Ga. Stop by and see Frito-Lay and its sister companies, Quaker, Tropicana, PepsiCo Americas Beverages and Muller Quaker Dairy, at the PepsiCo booth (#2021) to meet the team, learn about Frito-Lay’s commitment to health and wellness and sample tasty snacks and a delicious recipe made with Frito-Lay chips:

TOSTITOS® Cantina Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips paired with salsa

LAY'S® and Fritos® Lightly Salted chips

SMARTFOOD® DELIGHT™ Sea Salt and White Cheddar Flavored Popcorn

Crispy Cauliflower Recipe made with LAY'S® Lightly Salted Potato Chips

Also, don't miss the PepsiCo Culinary Demo in the Expo Hall on Monday, October 20 at 11:30 a.m. Frito-Lay executive research chef Jody Denton will demonstrate how to prepare gluten free clam chowder and a nutritious panna cotta dessert – while focusing on flavor.

We hope to see you there!

Celebrate National Popcorn Month with SMARTFOOD® DELIGHT™ Popcorn

October is National Popcorn month and Smartfood Delight snacks offer popcorn lovers a flavorful option to help them celebrate. At 35 calories per cup, Smartfood Delight popcorn is available in Sea Salt and White Cheddar flavors, offering consumers a tasty way to enjoy much-loved popcorn snacks with less fat than original Smartfood White Cheddar Cheese flavored popcorn.* Made with 100 percent whole grains, Smartfood Delight popcorn is gluten free, provides a good source of fiber, and contains no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives.

Smartfood Delight White Cheddar flavored popcorn contains 5g fat/1-oz serving and Smartfood Delight Sea Salt flavored popcorn contains 7g fat/1-oz serving compared to original Smartfood White Cheddar Cheese flavored popcorn, which contains 10g fat/1-oz serving.

Meet Our Newest Nutrition Team Member

Frito-Lay is excited to introduce Yang Pan, MD, PhD, the newest member of the PepsiCo Americas Foods Nutrition team. Yang brings more than 10 years of academic and research experience in Medicine and Nutrition Sciences and more than seven years of industry experience in Scientific & Regulatory Affairs, Nutrition & Health Sciences/Policies to her new role at the company. Her work at PepsiCo will focus on Frito-Lay products.

Some fun facts about Yang:

My favorite Frito-Lay snacks are SunChips® Garden Salsa™ and Sweet & Spicy BBQ multigrain snacks.

What I’m most looking forward to in my new role at Frito-Lay:
I am most excited to help drive the Nutrition, Health and Wellness portfolio for America’s favorite snack food brands.  In my role at Frito-Lay, I will lead nutrition research and innovation efforts to translate nutrition and health science into value-added, wholesome snacks. I am proud and excited to be a part of the product innovation work currently underway at PepsiCo and Frito-Lay.

Personal facts about me:
I am an ardent lover of ballet and classical music.  I have a growing DVD collection of classic ballet performances and watch them almost every day.

Crispy Cauliflower Recipe

Fall is peak season for cauliflower, so pick up this versatile vegetable the next time you’re scanning the produce aisle. For a different twist on this traditional veggie, try Frito-Lay’s gluten-free recipe for Crispy Cauliflower, made with LAY’S® Lightly Salted potato chips. For more gluten-free recipes that use chips as an ingredient visit FritoLay.com.

Interested in giving this recipe a taste before you try making it yourself? Frito-Lay will be sampling this dish during FNCE at the PepsiCo booth (#2021) on Monday, October 20, from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

Celiac Disease Foundation (CDF) National Conference and Gluten Free Expo

As a partner and supporter of the Celiac Disease Foundation, Frito-Lay was on hand at the CDF National Conference and Gluten Free Expo in Pasadena, Calif., June 6 – 9. More than 2,500 health professionals and consumer attendees joined the conference, eager to learn more about Frito-Lay’s gluten-free products and resources. A team from Frito-Lay attended, answering questions and sharing gluten free educational materials, such as Gluten Free Grains and Gluten Free Flour Alternatives handouts. Recipe cards were also available for attendees to take as they made their way through the expo hall. The Frito-Lay snacks were a big hit too! The team passed out more than 2,260 samples of single serve bags of Lay’s® Classic potato chips at the expo and included single-serve bags of Fritos® Original corn chips in attendees’ gift bags. Following a great conference, Frito-Lay looks forward to working with CDF again in the future!

Pictured: Sarah Lewis, Registered Dietitian, Ketchum (on behalf of Frito-Lay); Katie Lovitt, Frito-Lay Registered Dietitian

 fritolay.com

 snacks.com

twitter.com/fritolay

facebook.com/fritolay