From: Food Safety News <[log in to unmask]>
Date: October 14, 2014 at 7:07:33 AM EDT
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Food Safety News - October 14, 2014 Oregon GMO-Labeling Campaign Gets Money, Major Endorsement

Food Safety News

Oregon GMO-Labeling Campaign Gets Money, Major Endorsement

By Dan Flynn

Among the first signs of trouble for California’s Proposition 37 and Washington’s Initiative 522 were critical newspaper editorial writers who found flaws in the food-labeling measures, both of which ended up narrowly failing at the ballot box. But this year in Oregon and Colorado, anyone looking to newspaper editorials for an early cue on how... Continue Reading
Back to top^

Why I’ll Never Give Raw Milk to My Children Again

By Amy Nordyke

More than a few years ago, I made a decision that I never dreamed would result in one of my children having to fight for his life. I was looking for a way to improve my children’s immune systems. I was in the process of removing as many processed foods as possible from our daily... Continue Reading
Back to top^

Perdue Will Remove Its ‘Humanely Raised’ Label to Settle HSUS Lawsuits

By News Desk

Perdue has agreed to remove the “humanely raised” claim from the labels on its Harvestland chicken packaging. In exchange, the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) will drop two class-action lawsuits filed against the company in 2010 and 2013 in which the plaintiffs argued that the claim was a misleading one. Some research suggests... Continue Reading
Back to top^

Taiwanese Government to Establish Food Safety Agency

By News Desk

Taiwanese President Ma Ying-jeou has announced plans to create a food safety agency within his government in an effort to combat problems with tainted food and other food safety concerns that have plagued Taiwan and China in recent years, according to the China Post. The announcement comes just a month after the revelation of an... Continue Reading
B! ack to top^

More Food Safety News

Food Safety News Copyright 2014 Marler Clark LLP, PS. All rights reserved.
1301 2nd Avenue, Suite 2800, Seattle, WA 98101.

Change your address or unsubscribe.

You're receiving this newsletter because you are subscribed to Food Safety