<http://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=b665b9fa-79b5-4352-938a-534525261d0c&a=1102010843600&d=1118825625852&r=3&o=http://ui.constantcontact.com/images/p1x1.gif&c=e5d60220-45e2-11e3-90c7-d4ae5275509e&ch=e70e3400-45e2-11e3-913f-d4ae5275509e>

Please Join Us

Socio-Ecological Model: A Bridge to Behavior Change through Collaborations

Learn about the Socio-Ecological Model and how researchers at Cornell University in collaboration with Cornell Cooperative Extension are using this model to engage key players in transforming environments to prevent childhood obesity.  Our presenters will engage us in a hands-on community mapping of partnerships exercise to help us assess how we can best utilize our partners to create behavior change in our own communities.

Speakers

Introduction

Isobel Contento, PhD

Mary Swartz Rose Professor of Nutrition and Education

Teachers College, Columbia University

Keynote

Tisa Fontaine Hill, MPH

Extension Associate

Cornell University

When

Friday, November 7, 2014

9am to 11:45am

(Registration: 8:30am. The meeting begins promptly at 9am.)

Where

Teachers College, Columbia University

525 West 120th Street (between Broadway and Amsterdam)

Room 229 Thompson Hall

Coffee, tea and a light breakfast will be served.

Free for NYCNEN members; non-members $5

  <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif>

RSVP <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Please RSVP to [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

  <http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs023/1102010843600/img/5.png>

Food Systems Network NYC is closing

October 2014

After ten years of leadership, networking, and collaborating on groundbreaking work to advance sustainable food systems in the New York City region, Food Systems Network NYC (FSNYC) Leadership Committee Members and Advisors have made the decision to close the organization in 2014.

Since we formed FSNYC in 2004, the growth of the food systems movement in our region (and nationally) has been dramatic and inspiring.  We now have a Director of Food Policy in the Mayor's Office; food systems policy initiatives in academic and other institutions, including The New School, Hunter College, Teachers College, and New York University; a legion of community-based efforts addressing local food systems inequities; and new efforts related to food distribution, education, and policy in both public and private sectors.

The decision to close FSNYC's door was made as the result of a strategic planning effort conducted over the past year that drew on the wisdom of FSNYC Leadership and Members, as well as allies in the food systems movement.  We reached this conclusion after reflecting on all that we have accomplished in ten years, including helping to create a vibrant, and growing, community of people passionate about this work.  The decision to complete our work as an organization is bittersweet.  That said, we will continue to celebrate FSNYC's accomplishments and those of our members, colleagues and partner organizations over the past decade. We will support these individuals and organizations as they continue this work in years to come.

On behalf of FSNYC, we humbly thank the many hundreds of organizers, activists, volunteers and, above all, members, who made FSYNC a founding cornerstone of this vibrant movement in our city and our region.

As we implement our transition plans over the next few months, please look out for the announcement of an opportunity to come together in early January to celebrate FSNYC's work and to acknowledge the volunteer leaders who were critical to creating and sustaining FSNYC.

In great solidarity and with deep gratitude,

FSNYC Leadership Committee

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif>

Food Systems Network NYC | P.O. Box 170077 | Brooklyn | NY | 11217

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif>

---