Dear students and alums, Kappa Omicron Nu (KON) is the leading honor society for students in Nutrition. Please join us at the 2014-15 KON induction ceremony on Tuesday, October 28, 2014, at 5:30 pm in Room 115AB of the Silberman Building.

Following the induction ceremony, Dr. Holly Hull from the University of Kansas Medical Center (KUMC) will provide an inspirational keynote address on Programming offspring obesity: The role of the maternal environment to our students. Dr. Hull is an Assistant Professor at KUMC in the Department of Dietetics and Nutrition. She graduated from the University of Missouri with a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition, went onto receive her Master of Science and PhD in Exercise Physiology from the University of Oklahoma, and completed a Post-Doctoral Fellowship at Columbia University. She directs the Developmental Origins of Disease Laboratory where she studies the time period surrounding pregnancy and how this influences the health of the mother and her baby. Her research program is currently funded by the National Institutes of Health, the Thrasher Pediatric Research Foundation and the Kansas City Area Life Sciences Institute. Dr. Hull is also the co-Director of the Nutrition Clinic located at KUMC.

Current students will also have the opportunity to foster new potential relationships in a fun networking setting after the research talk with our alums over light refreshments. Please RSVP by clicking here and we look forward to seeing you!

Agenda
5:30 – 6:00 pm: Induction ceremony
6:00 – 7:00 pm: Research talk
Followed by light refreshments and networking

Khursheed P. Navder, PhD, RDN, FAND
Professor and Director, Nutrition Program
CUNY School of Public Health at Hunter College
Room 612, Silberman Bldg, 2180 Third Avenue (at E. 119th St)
New York, NY 10035
(212) 396-7775 (Tel); (212) 396-7638 (Fax)
Email: [log in to unmask]
MS Nutrition: http://cuny.edu/site/sph/hunter-college/a-programs/graduate/nutrition/nutrition-msdpd.html
MPH Nutrition: http://cuny.edu/site/sph/hunter-college/a-programs/graduate/nutrition/nutrition-mph.html
BS in NFS: http://cuny.edu/site/sph/hunter-college/a-programs/undergraduate/nfs.html
To subscribe to our listserv, NFS-L Click here