If you are interested in attending this event, please email our office with your contact details. This event will be held at  Albert Einstein College of medicine.

Hello everyone,

We are excited to announce that PNHP, the AMA and AMSA are co-sponsoring a Health Policy Debate on December 1st!  Diner and wine will be served at 6:30 PM and the debate starts at 7 PM in Robbins Auditorium.  The question of this debate is whether the US should adopt a Single Payer healthcare system.  This is a really great opportunity for students to learn about healthcare systems as well as to engage our debaters in discussion.

We have amazing, articulate speakers for each side of the debate. On the pro-single payer side we have Dr. Oliver Fein, former PNHP president, Professor of Clinical Medicine and Public Health at Weill Cornell Medical Center, and Dr. Mary O'Brien, faculty at Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, Co-author of the book "10 Excellent Reasons for a National Health-care system". On the con side we have Dr. Andrew Kleinman, current president of MSSNY and member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, and Dr. Louis McIntyre, orthopedic Surgeon and Chairman of the Arthroscopy Association of North America Health Policy and Practice Committee.

Looking forward to seeing you there,

Einstein's Boards of PNHP, AMA and AMSA