Please see below for an exciting opportunity (with a great mentor) for an mph student looking for a practicum project that could lead to a capstone/thesis.

I’m looking for an MPH student to be involved in a project to adapt and evaluate an Internet skills intervention for HIV+ women at several community-based organizations in the Bronx, NY. This project would ideally serve as a practicum/thesis/capstone project for an MPH student. The position is unpaid.
I’m looking for someone to start within the next several months. Hours per week would range, but at minimum be 6-8 hours/week.
The schedule will likely be variable and somewhat flexible, but that needs be determined.
The ideal person would be someone with interests that include 1) working with persons from socioeconomically disadvantaged/underserved communities and 2) Internet/social media technology. A specific interest in HIV+ persons and women, and experience working with community-based organizations would also be very helpful.​
Competencies that will be gained include relationship building, research design and planning, and research implementation.
If you think this project sounds like a good fit for you based on your interests and time available, please contact me via email at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and include your CV/resume.

Oni Blackstock, MD, MHS
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Division of General Internal Medicine
Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine
3514 Dekalb Avenue
Bronx, NY 10467
Office: 718-944-3865
Fax: 718-944-3841