Please do not auto-reply to this email

I am Eleni Efstathiadis, one of the Co-Presidents of Avasara: the first CUNY-wide club dedicated to educating the community on human trafficking and empowering them to make a change. We wanted to personally invite you to an event co-sponsored by the William R. Kenan Scholars Program, that we thought you might be interested in attending.  All faculty, staff, friends and family are welcome to attend.

On Tuesday, December 9th from 6:30-8:30 PM at the Macaulay Honors College, the club "Avasara" will be hosting the event  "Homelessness: A Pipeline to Trafficking." It will be an evening focused on homeless youth, LGBTQI youth in particular, as an at-risk population human trafficking and our role as a community to prevent further abuse.

There will be a panel consisting of researchers and representatives from prominent organizations.  Following the panel will be a catered dinner and opportunities to chat with experts and learn how you can help the cause.

Our panelists are Jayne Bigelsen from Covenant House; Genna Goldsobel from ECPAT USA; Bronia Ashford from the Administration for Children and Families; and Richard Curtis from the Department of Anthropology at John Jay College. Our very diverse panel consists of people who specialize in different aspects of human trafficking; they are all inspiring individuals who have dedicated their lives to helping this important cause.

Please spread the word to colleagues, students, and friends who might be interested. In the past, some professors have taken our panel and used it as an extra credit opportunity for their students.

Thank you and we hope to see you there!

Best,

Eleni Efstathiadis