The NY RD job list from Kyle Shadix, MS, RD, FAND since 2001  To subscribe, send an email to: [log in to unmask]  Jobs are usually posted by Sunday evening. Jobs are not usually posted more than once, so check the archive for last week's jobs:

The jobs listed below are mostly from New York State. Please email job listings
from your area so that the entire state will be covered. Jobs must be received
by Thursday at 3pm in order to be posted for Sunday posting. There is no charge
to post a job on the NY_RD_News List.

Clinical Dietitian position - Full Time, Brooklyn, NY, Long Term Care

Minimum Qualifications:

• Baccalaureate Degree with major in dietetics or food and nutrition from a program approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly American Dietetic Association)

• Registration or eligibility by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) as a Registered Dietitian.

• Minimum of three years of clinical experience.

• Attends continuing education programs to keep abreast of new guidelines in the field.

• All position are subject to a background investigation.

Responsibilities:

• Performs nutrition assessments and reassessments daily as per assigned unit, admission date and time as per the current policy of the department.

• Visits residents to obtain a detailed nutrition history summary and determine their nutritional needs. Once needs are determine their nutritional needs. Once needs are determined, comprehensive assessments will be completed including recommendations that will be communicated to physicians and/or nursing staff.

• Performs and documents meal rounds to observe residents acceptance of meals. Once observed, actions to correct the residents' concerns regarding their meals should be taken which includes obtaining likes and dislikes and allergies and communicating them with the kitchen and entering them into the Geri Menu System.

• Provides nutrition education and counseling to residents (and family if appropriate) identified at nutritional risk prior to discharge. Education is to be reflective of the resident's nutritional needs and in accordance with therapeutic diet guidelines.

• Participates in discharge planning rounds, interdisciplinary team rounds, Wound Care Rounds on assigned unit to discuss the plan of care and recommendation with the interdisciplinary team.

• Reviews daily census sheets and monthly MDS report to determine which residents need to be seen.

• Documents all assessments, reassessments, likes, dislikes, allergies and all other pertinent information in medical record.

• Documents daily productivity of all patients assessed and/or visited and any patient associated meetings daily. Provide daily productivity reports to the clinical nutrition manager on a weekly basis.

• Attends and participates in department monthly meetings - may plan and conduct meetings in the Clinical Nutrition Manager's absence.

• Performs other related duties as assigned.

For more information please contact Susan Schindler at 718 245-7325 or [log in to unmask]

Undergrad or Graduate Student Dietetic Intern wanted to assist with weigh ins and record keeping for large corporate weight loss challenge in Manhattan.

I am looking for a student to assist on Monday mornings from 9-11:30 and Friday afternoons 1-3:30pm starting Monday 1/12/15 and ending Friday 3/20/15.

Important dates that must be in attendance are: Monday 1/12; Friday 1/16; Friday 2/6 and Monday 2/9. If the intern is not available on a few other Monday and Fridays, other than those listed above I can work with their schedule, including their March Spring break.

This is a great opportunity to get a look inside the day of a corporate nutritionist. In addition I will be doing 3 lunch and learns which the intern can assist in gathering information and implementing if they wish to do so. There is availability to do some other projects if the student is interested. I am also willing to do paperwork for necessary school credits.

The location is Park Ave and 27th Street in Manhattan.

Please contact Allison Tannenbaum, MS, RDN, CDN at [log in to unmask] with resume attached and confirmation of availability of the above dates.

Dairy Nutritionist
About the Job

DAIRY NUTRIONIST
A very recognized Dairy Nutrition company is looking to bring on an aggressive person to sell a full range of feed products, commodities, and technical services. You will be servicing and selling to an already well-established territory of dairy producers and there team (veterinarians, mills, Nutritionist). You will be working with product that has been researched and proven to be profitable for the producer. You will also have an experienced PhD Technical Service Manager at your disposal. Enjoy an office from your home and unlimited earning potential.
They would like to see someone with a degree in animal science or 2+ years’ experience in dairy or beef nutrition sales. There are plenty of opportunities for the right person to advance their career within the company.

Job Description
• Help grow an already established customer base
• Provide clients technical support
• Meet client’s requirements with sales of feed products and commodities
• Formulate rations and diets for dairy producers

Qualifications and Requirements
• 2+ years’ Experience in Dairy Nutrition Sales
• Proven Sales Record
• Degree in Animal Science or another Ag related Degree Preferred. if none, Equivalent experience in the industry
• Passion for the industry
• Clean driving record

Benefits
• 401k
• Medical
• Commission and bonuses
• Vacation

Salary
• $80,000-$95,000 a year plus unlimited Earning Potential

Come join a team atmosphere that loves their employees and promotes from within.

Take the next step in your career. APPLY NOW!

If you would like to discreetly hear about this opportunity, please contact Rob Klein with gpac at your convenience. We work strictly confidential. Applicant’s identity will be protected. We have long standing relationships with companies both large and small all throughout the US and would love to get you into contact with leading Ag companies.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States over the past 23 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time
http://jobview.nytimes.monster.com/Dairy-Nutritionist-Job-Syracuse-NY-US-144020917.aspx?jobPosition=6

Nutritionist Talent Pool

The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works around the globe to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.

We are building a Nutritionist Talent Pool that will be comprised of highly competent professionals who can play a key role in helping achieve zero hunger. All applicants will go through a comprehensive selection and assessment process to demonstrate their technical and organisational capabilities and the potential to grow and work across different field locations. Successful applicants will remain in the Talent Pool for 12 months, and can be considered for short or long-term international professional employment opportunities at entry and mid-management levels (P2, P3 and P4), in Country Offices, Regional Bureaux and Headquarters.

Strategic Purpose of the Function
For every operation that WFP undertakes, it is not just a question of providing food, but also making sure what arrives is nutritionally appropriate to address the problem at hand. Using international standards and guidance, WFP’s nutrition experts advise on appropriate food baskets for people facing hunger and the risk of malnutrition whilst building local communities’ capacity to meet their own food and nutrition needs.

Job Purpose
• P2 level: Nutritionists at the P2 level support to nutrition programmes and activities to contribute to meeting the nutritional needs of WFP beneficiaries.
• P3 level: Nutritionists at the P3 level are involved in more straight forward nutrition programmes and/or focus on a specific theme(s).
• P4 level: Nutritionists at P4 level are operating in an environment where the complexity of meeting nutritional needs is high. As such they are expected to have a greater breadth of knowledge of nutrition and ability to manage a team. They will need a greater level of experience and knowledge to credibly influence at senior levels in more complex situations. They design and manage large-scale nutrition programmes in complex environments to contribute to meeting the nutritional needs of beneficiaries within the country and/or provide technical advice and guidance on nutrition strategies, programme design and implementation.

`

Job Requirements

Qualification Requirements Education:
• Advanced University degree in Public Health Nutrition, Nutrition, Food Technology, Medicine or other relevant field.
Experience:
• P2 level: At least three years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in the relevant field.
• P3 level: At least five years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in the relevant field.
• P4 level: At least eight years (of which three international) of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in the relevant field.
Functional Capabilities (scope of capabilities will vary by grade level):
• Knowledge of Nutrients - Has strong understanding of key nutrients requirements, food sources, food science and food technology related to vitamins and minerals to present evidence on nutrition effectively to WFP staff and partners.
• Situation Analysis and Evidence Assessment - Leverages new evidence and applies that to provide technical advice, identify and prioritise country nutrition gaps, design programmes and train staff and partners on the new evidence.
• Knowledge of Public Health - Ability to analyse data to determine overall health status, determining factors relating to nutrition, and possible areas of intervention for health and nutrition.
• Knowledge of Food System - Expert knowledge of emerging trends and developments in food systems and value chain transformations, as well as innovative programming, policies and interventions achieving good nutrition-promoting food systems.
• Applying Programme & Policy Standards - Leverages nutrition knowledge to provide technical advice to governments to design and implement country nutrition programmes that follow international and WFP agency standards and guidance.
Organisational Capabilities:
• Purpose – ability to align individual purpose to WFP’s mission.
• People - support our people to be the best equipped to serve our beneficiaries.
• Partnership – lead across boundaries to deliver the best for our beneficiaries.
• Performance – deliver practical, sustainable, solutions to achieve WFP’s mission.
Language:
• Fluency in oral and written English.
• Although intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is mandatory for fixed-term posts, for some roles exceptions may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Desirable Requirements (scope of requirements will vary by grade level):
• Experience working with governments on developing nutrition policies and/or implementing a nutrition programme (within food security or health).
• Experience in conducting nutritional assessments, analysed data and drafted recommendations for programme.
• Experience working in multiple countries.
• Experience working in both emergencies and development context.
Terms and Conditions
For fixed-term appointment, WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. For more details about the UN grading system and the compensation package, please visit icsc.un.org

Application Procedures:
Go to: http://bit.ly/1A4jPcf
Step 1: Click on “Description" to better understand the actual accountabilities and requirements at different levels.
Step 2: Click on “Apply" to create an online CV and answer application questions to submit your application.

Deadline for applications: 31 January 2015

WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are encouraged to apply.

No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.

Company Overview

WFP is the food aid arm of the United Nations system. Food aid is one of the many instruments that can help to promote food security, which is defined as access of all people at all times to the food needed for an active and healthy life. ¹ The policies governing the use of World Food Programme food aid must be oriented towards the objective of eradicating hunger and poverty. The ultimate objective of food aid should be the elimination of the need for food aid.

Targeted interventions are needed to help to improve the lives of the poorest people - people who, either permanently or during crisis periods, are unable to produce enough food or do not have the resources to otherwise obtain the food that they and their households require for active and healthy lives.
http://www.careerbuilder.com/jobseeker/jobs/jobdetails.aspx?APath=2.31.0.0.0&job_did=JHQ67X6QL0FDSZCCB7P&sc_cmp1=js_jrp_jobclick&IPath=ILKGV0B

ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF DINING SERVICES - CHARTWELLS HIGHER ED
Chartwells Purchase, NY 12/30/2014
• Save Job
• Email
• Print
• Report
Apply Now
JOB DESCRIPTION
Charlotte-based Compass Group North America is the leader in foodservice management and support services. By combining fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent, we continue to set the standards for food and service excellence. Our vision for success is a powerful one – to continue to rise above the competition in every aspect of our business – from leading-edge technology, to purchasing, to foodservice, to catering and vending, to facilities management and support services. That kind of commitment commands only the best, and it.s our great peopleproviding great service that generates our great results. In turn, it’s important to us that our talented employees be given the proper resources to achieve their fullest potential. Play a key role in our future success:
LOCATION: PURCHASE, NY
Job Description:
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
This position is responsible for assisting the Director in the day to day operations at a college account. You will manage and lead a team of employees. You will be responsible for managing client relationships, along with ensuring that the food offered to the students is of superior quality. You will be responsible for the following:

Responsibilities:
• Maintain excellent relationships with the client.
• Work with the Chef and management team in creating nutritious and top quality food for the students.
• Implement new culinary programs in conjunction with the Chartwells marketing and culinary team.
• Manage, train and develop staff.
JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Associate’s degree preferred.
• One to three years of Retail foodservice management experience preferred.
• Campus dining experience preferred.
• Strong leadership and communication skills.
• Financial and business acumen.
• Excellent communication skills.
Great People. Great Service. Great Results.
At Compass Group North America, our superior balance of efficiency and quality attract the highest caliber level of service our clients deserve. We retain the finest workers with a highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits plan. If you're looking for a career where you set the standard for personal advancement, then Compass Group North America is for you! Working together, we will continue to experience success as the industry's best.
Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.

http://www.careerbuilder.com/jobseeker/jobs/jobdetails.aspx?sc_cmp1=js_jrp_jobclick&APath=2.31.0.0.0&job_did=JHV1WH64M5Z041HYL55&showNewJDP=yes&IPath=ILKGV0K

Navy Dietitians serve in a variety of capacities. They may encourage healthy living among ship crews by teaching them how to maintain a well-balanced diet and regular exercise regimen. Or teach in a class setting, whether for health promotion or disease management. In everything they do, they bring skills and knowledge in:
• Nutrition assessment
• Medical record documentation
• Medical nutrition therapy
LEARN MORE
Part Time
Full Time
• Key Responsibilities

• Work Environment

• Training & Advancement

• Education Opportunities

• Qualifications & Requirements
Part Time
NEXT: WORK ENVIRONMENT »
As a Navy Dietitian, you’ll deliver general nutrition education and wellness programs for servicemembers and their families, wherever they’re stationed. And get the opportunity to participate in field and shipboard patient care and food service operations at home and abroad. You’ll also provide:
• Inpatient and outpatient medical nutrition therapy
• Nutrition counseling and education
• Food service management
http://www.navy.com/careers/healthcare/clinical-care/dietetics-food-management.html?campaign=jobs_indeed_dietetics-food-management-&uchannel=jobs#pt-key-responsibilities

Dietitian-Nutritionist
Allen Holistic Health Center - Flushing, NY
Private practice treating patients referred from PCPs for obesity, diabetes, hyperlipidemia,etc. Applicants must be NYS Certified Dietitian-Nutritionist wiiling to follow already established protocalls with individual patients. Must be bilingual (English/Spanish). Must be available some evenings and Saturdays. Should be credentialled by Medicaid/HMO Plans or be wiling to be credentialled. Current Dietitian-Nutritionist is retiring from 40+ year practice and is willing to work with a replacement till eventual takeover.
Required experience:
http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?cmp=Allen-Holistic-Health-Center&t=Dietitian+Nutritionist&jk=afed8cb19f794a61&sjdu=QwrRXKrqZ3CNX5W-O9jEvbGFV6LXO-TrKCRRi8ZjLdTtCo4lTS-XzGyXVTuwY5UVHsUaB8qEmubaniy5SyzF7ZkLfP5Md6JkycvfVYukEoQ&pub=pub-indeed

Hospital for Special Surgery

Clinical Nutritionist I
Job ID
2014-5996
Location
US-NY-New York
Posted Date
12/31/2014
Category
Food Service/Nutrition - All Openings
Emp Status
Regular Full-Time
Hours per Week
37.5
Shift
Days
More information about this job:
Overview:
A Clinical Nutritionist I provides comprehensive nutrition care to inpatients as well as attending daily interdisciplinary rounds. In addition, the candidate must possess strong computer skills, excellent customer service, have the ability to take initiative and communicate with all team members to resolve problems, ensure patient satisfaction, and maintain regulatory agency compliance.

Qualifications:
Weekends, holidays, and weekdays required. No evening hours. Applicant must have RD. Certification in New York State (CDN) or eligibility required. Experience with CBORD software a plus. 1-2 years related experience preferred. Masters in related field preferred.

https://jobs-hss.icims.com/jobs/5996/clinical-nutritionist-i/job?mode=job&iis=Indeed&iisn=Indeed.com&mobile=false&width=1350&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false

CERTIFIED DIABETES EDUCATOR - POSITION ID : NATIONAL
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your résumé/CV, click on the 'Submit your Résumé/CV to this Job' button.
You can also use the the 'Send this Job to a Friend' button to have the job emailed to the person you choose. In addition, using the 'Tell & Share' icon will allow you to post the position to social networking sites, blogs, email, etc.

Hide Instructions
Open Date 12/27/2013

Job Type Permanent
Job Function Education / Training
Career Level Experienced Professional (Non-Manager)
Salary Range 70000 - 95000 United States Dollar
Location New York, NY US
Job Description
We recruit specifically for diabetes companies nationwide. Should you have an interest in working for a diabetes company we would be pleased to keep you apprised of positions as they cross our desks.
Depending on the company and products, The Diabetes Educator will educate Endocrinologists, Internal Med, Primary Care providers, and their staff and patients regarding diabetes disease management as it relates to product specific training.
This is a full-time, field-based position. CDE must be able to travel.

Office St. Lawrence County
Travel 30-40%
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Requirements
Successful candidate will possess:
•CDE (Certified Diabetes Educator) REQUIRED
•Baccalaureate degree required
•Excellent presentation skills
•Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
https://mri2172.hua.mri.jobs/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=99771&site_id=148&site_id=148

NUTRITIONIST - CHHA
Department: CenterLight Certified Home Health Agency (CHHA)
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Day
Hours: 09:00am to 05:00pm - 0900A0500P
Job Details: • PURPOSE:

Responsible for providing the clinical dietitian services to patients in need of nutritional intervention in the CHHA for the achievement of optimum level of health.

JOB REQUIREMENTS: (Requisite education, experience, technical and professional skills)

1. Bachelors’ Degree.
2. Registered Dietician by American Dietetic Association or equivalent.
3. Minimum three (3) years of satisfactory experience supervising Dietician/Nutritionist.
4. Master’s Degree in nutrition or Public Health preferred.

Qualifications:

1. Must have excellent communications skills.
2. Must maintain working relationship with staff, administration and other personnel.
3. Must be responsible and demonstrate management capabilities
4. Meets necessary qualifications for supervising dietitians/nutritionists.
5. Demonstrates leadership qualities in the organization and maintaining adequate nutritional services are provided to our patient population.
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply Online
https://www.healthcaresource.com/bethabraham/index.cfm?fuseaction=search.jobDetails&template=dsp_job_details.cfm&cJobId=100030&source=Indeed.com

Dietitian - Registered (LJ)
Requisition ID: 0002IC

Location: Hyde Park, NY, USA
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job

As ADA Dietitian you will develop, implement and communicate nutritional care plans. You will counsel individuals and families in nutritional principles. You will also provide professional guidance to professional staff. Additionally, you will participate in nutrition conferences.

Responsibilities include:
• Develops and implements nutritional care plans based on assessment of nutritional needs and correlates with care plans of other health care team members.
• Communicates nutritional care plan through written record system.
• Counsels individuals and families in nutritional principles, dietary plans, food selection, etc. Provides instruction regarding specialized and/or restricted diets.
• Develops and implements multi-disciplinary discharge care plans.
• Develops and implements new and/or improved methods and procedures to ensure adherence to current standards of nutritional care.
• Participates in health care team rounds.
• Provides professional guidance and assistance to non-professional staff.
• Develops and implements nutritional educational programs, participates in nutrition conferences.
• May conduct independent special projects, as assigned.

Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Food, Nutrition or Dietetics, required.
• Registered Dietitian, required.
• Active member of the American Dietetic Association, preferred.

Our Culture

Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us:www.northshorelij.com/goals

Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.

Job: Dietetics
Primary Location: Nassau County-New Hyde Park
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
7:00 AM - 7:00 PM http://www.nslijcareers.com/jobs/dietitian-registered-lj-job-hyde-park-new-york-5014198

Registered Dietitian
Livingston Hills Nursing & Rehabilitation Center - Hudson, NY
DIETITIAN
Livingston Hills Nursing & Rehabilitation Center a progressive facility located in Livingston, NY seeking a Registered Dietitian Consultant. Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition and experience in a skilled nursing facility required. Master’s Degree preferred. Responsibilities include: providing clinical nutrition services to residents, completing nutritional assessments, formulating and implementing nutritional care plans, completing MDS, educating residents and families regarding therapeutic diets.
.
Excellent Compensation!
Requirements Include:
• Prior LTC Experience is a must
Location:
• LIVINGSTON, NY 12541
We offer the Following:
• Excellent Compensation
• Great Benefits Package
• Professional Growth & Stability
• Innovative Training Programs
• And much more!
About Us:
Livingston Hills Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a 120-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility overlooking the hills of the Hudson Valley. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life of all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence.
We invite you to learn more about our unique culture and the exciting opportunities that exist within our organization. http://livingstonhills.com/
Please email resumes to
http://www.indeed.com/cmp/jfe-advertising/jobs/Registered-Dietitian-13da025d8b0dcd75

Columbia University Campus Services - New York, NY
Columbia University in the City of New York is a world-class academic institution engaged in the advancement of knowledge through superior education and research. The University includes 16 schools with programs leading to undergraduate and graduate degrees and has approximately 23,000 students.
Columbia University’s Division of Campus Services is a dynamic, progressive department located on the Morningside campus. We are a customer-focused organization with an immediate opening for a Registered Dietitian to act as the Dining Services liaison for the Columbia community with regard to nutrition concerns and special needs diets, including, but not limited to, vegetarian/vegan, kosher, and allergens. The incumbent also works with the Marketing and Communications department, maintaining the Dining Services website and other social media outlets.
Minimum qualifications: bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent required from accredited college or culinary school. Up to 2 years of related experience required. Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills required. Knowledge of Web, Print Shop, Quark, and Nutritionist Pro preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package, which includes tuition exemption, 23 days vacation, and 14 holidays.
For immediate consideration, please visit our website at
https://jobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=145654
Columbia University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.

Nutritionist Dietician
Urban Health Plan, Inc. - Bronx, NY
Progressive Community Health Center seeking a Bilingual, Eng/Spanish Nutritionist / Regisitered Dietician to provide medical nutrition therapy and education for all populations with an emphasis on overweight, obese and underweight children up to age 12. In collaboration with the Pediatric departments to enhance nutritional services. Responsible for attending weekly nutrition and pediatric department meetings.
Nutritionist/Registered Dietician
Requirements:
Bilingual – English/Spanish
Registered Dietitian/CDN
Creative; must be able to work in a fast paced environment
Urban Health Plan is committed to being a premier employer. We aim to develop and implement innovative strategies and programs to attract, compensate, develop, motivate, and retain the best qualified associates whose skills contribute to our outstanding position as a healthcare provider.
EEO and Affirmative Action Clause
UHP is an equal opportunity employer.
In adherence to all applicable laws, UHP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (except where sex is a bona fide occupational classification), age national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, familial or parental status, genetic information and/or veteran status.
UHP actively pursues an Affirmative Action Plan designed to ensure full opportunities for women, Vietnam-era veterans, disabled veterans, qualified individuals with disabilities, and members of minority groups in its work environment, and takes affirmative action to increase the employment of minorities and females through aggressive recruiting for functional units.
Apply via Indeed or Fax Resume to: 718-991-1268

http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?cmp=Urban-Health-Plan%2C-Inc.&t=Nutritionist+Dietician&jk=2ebb986c8f898f02&sjdu=QwrRXKrqZ3CNX5W-O9jEvQgaZwMr8RG668Izd2c5PP0ikMu6V9ZFt15OKLvp3zMH7qTWAde-FTYTz8hgvIgmezKfR6bay_KQOEDiXvYhI2A&pub=pub-indeed

Nutritionist/Registered Dietician
Transitional Services for NY, Inc.

<< Go back

Post Date: Dec 22, 2014
Job Type: Per Diem/Contract/Other
Start Date: January 31, 2015
Salary: - n/a -
Location: US - New York - Queens
Job Reference: - n/a -
APPLY NOW

Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
Printer Friendly

Description
Provide participants with day-to-day nutrition guidance; interface with participants in a professional manner; work with project team members to develop nutrition curriculum and accompanying printed materials; facilitate group cooking demonstrations and nutrition education workshops; conduct individual nutrition education sessions; conduct outreach activities to engage project participants; comply with all internal policies and HIPPA guidelines and perform other duties as assigned.

Skills
Registered Dietician, with at least 1 year of experience; experienced presenter, who is comfortable is front of a group; culturally competent practitionier, experience in working with the mentally ill population, a plus; adapts well to changes and responds effectively to new information, changing conditions and unexpected obstacles; excellent written and verbal communication skills; and an action-oriented individual who is driven to achieve tangible results among project participants

Contact Details
Name: Jane O'Connor
Address: 10-16 162nd Street
City: Whitestone
State/Province: New York
Zipcode: 11357
Country: United States
FAX: 718 746-6799
Email: [log in to unmask]
Read more at http://www.socialservice.com/jobdetails.cfm/69012/Nutritionist-Registered-Dietician#j8TLGurEmtDTpq0I.99

To supplement our online and offline business expansion, ALOHA is growing in the professional sector targeting doctors, nutritionists, health coaches, and gym/yoga instructors in their prominent health and wellness practices. As an in house nutritionist, you will lead the expansion of ALOHA in this space. You must have strong knowledge of the health, wellness and supplement industry. Your role is to lead the development of a growing business segment, while establishing our products within professional networks in the health and wellness industry.
Responsibilities
• Educate and provide nutritional counseling to customers and/or partners; promote healthy lifestyle the ALOHA way
• Identify and source qualified doctors, nutritionists, practices, hospitals, and relative potential partners that are both eligible and willing to carry ALOHA products (with focus on the East Coast)
• Represent ALOHA’s presence on professional exhibitions and conferences that are targeted towards relevant partnerships
• Establish relationships with practitioners / partners and integrate ALOHA in relevant health, wellness, fitness and medical space
• Manage these partners and relationships with clear branding and revenue goals (incl. providing support in promoting ALOHA products)
• Collaborate with universities create an advanced training program for practitioners that allows them to learn more about healthy living and the benefits of specific wholefoods that are contained in the ALOHA products
• Consult doctors and nutritionists in high-level medical questions regarding our products
Abilities & Experience
• Passion for healthy living and ALOHA’s mission
• Certified nutritionist or working toward certification
• Keen interest in the impact of diet on health
• Entrepreneurial mindset and natural sales talent
• Strong networker with distinctive interpersonal & communication skills
• Demonstrated business acumen and drive
• Knowledge of nutrition, health, vitamins, athletics, and consumer trends
• Resourcefulness, flexibility, and exceptional teamwork skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-productivity environment with tight deadlines

http://aloha.theresumator.com/apply/job_20141209044029_OTOMUUQDCMRWTX1D/Nutritionist.html?source=INDE

To apply for this Clinical Nutrition Coordinator, 035 - Gastroenterology, 14-1714218 position, click on Complete Application .

Email this job to a friend

Job Title: Clinical Nutrition Coordinator
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Location/Affiliates:
Department: 035 - Gastroenterology
Requisition Number: 14-1714218

Job Description:
Provides quality nutrition care and education to patients and family members. The Clinical Nutrition Coordinator coordinates departmental initiatives and education programs. Maintains level of clinical expertise for assigned area, and recommends the appropriate nutrition therapy as it pertains to the patients' nutritional needs. Acts as a resource to all clinical staff and provides feedback for their professional development. Adheres to all applicable regulatory agency guidelines, and to department and hospital philosophies, standards, objectives and policies and procedures.

Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Evaluates the nutritional status of patients by reviewing pertinent information obtained from the electronic medical record and the interdisciplinary health care team. Applies knowledge of nutrition screening and assessment to specific patient populations to determine their nutritional needs.
2. Documents pertinent findings in the medical record as per policy.
3. Provides quality nutrition counseling to specific patient populations and family members as indicated.
4. Coordinates projects within the department, including nutrition related in-services, interdepartmental nutrition education programs, and lectures.
5. Designs, develops and regularly updates nutrition education materials to meet the specialized needs of specific patient populations.
6. Participates in quality assurance monitoring and reporting for departmental performance improvement meetings.
7. Precepts dietetic interns, develops learning modules, instructs them on the competencies required to complete their assigned rotation, and completes student evaluations.
8. Evaluates nutrition care plans for effectiveness and recommends changes as needed. Uses professional judgment to adapt and apply guidelines, protocols and professional standards of care to the new and changing needs of the patient.
9. May participates in practice-specific research to enhance program.
10. Participates in interdisciplinary rounds as needed. Communicates effectively with members of the healthcare team. Acts as a resource to all hospital staff and provides direction regarding nutrition needs for the specific patient populations
11. Assists with discharge planning and home care as needed.
12. Participates in community focused education programs and external speaking events to promote service and education.
13. Presents department journal clubs.
14. Other duties as assigned.

Job Qualifications:
Education:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. Master's degree preferred, but not required

Certified Dietitian Nutritionist (CDN) from the NYS Department of Education Office of the Professions required.

Registered Dietitian (RD) from the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)

Advanced credential such as the Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE), Certified Nutrition Support Clinician (CNSC), or Pediatric, Renal, Oncology specialist preferred, but not required.

Experience:
3-5 years experience

Liceneses:
1. Certified Dietitian Nutritionist (CDN)

Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.

Mount Sinai Health System--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.

https://mountsinaicss.igreentree.com/css_external/CSSPage_JobDetail.ASP?T=20150101133107&

Nutrition Coordinator
Brookdale University Hospital & Medical Ctr. - Brooklyn, NY
Develops implements and documents nutritional care plans per JCAHO and New York State requirement.
Couinsels individuals and families on nutrition principles, diet, food selection and and socio-economics and adapts teaching plans to the individual’s lifestyle, and religious and cultural background.
Documents the initial assessment on the nutrition assessment form.
Documents the nutritional assessment on the progress note in the patient’s chart.
Evaluates nutritional care and provides follow-up for continuity of care.
Maintains accurate, detailed patient records.
Provides counseling for patients and their families for special Endocine and Metabolish Clinic problems.
Participates in Performance Improvement program as assigned.
Provides diet counseling and nutrition literature to patients and/or their families.
Provides in-service training forphysicians, nurses, dietitians, diet technicians and diet clerks as needed.
Minimum Education:
Bachelors Degree in Food and Nutrition or Home Economics (Dietetics).
Masters Degree preferred.
Minimum Experience and Skills:
One year clinical experience in Community Nutrition.
License/Registration/Certification/Permit Required:
Must be a Registered Dietitian of active status in the American Dietetic Association
http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?cmp=Brookdale-University-Hospital-%26-Medical-Ctr.&t=Nutrition+Coordinator&jk=fb7b9f1a44e2eb24&sjdu=QwrRXKrqZ3CNX5W-O9jEvQgaZwMr8RG668Izd2c5PP2Rak-_8orh0QwTin0y6orE6ckn5S9fdBHwOC8J-LhKJDQ2b9Il319ZICwwVIqdchs&pub=pub-indeed

Nutrition Officer
Job posted by: Global Health Corps
Posted on: December 22, 2014
• Share
• Bookmark
• Print
Job description
Global Health Corps is a one-year paid fellowship program that pairs young professionals (fellows) with organizations that require new thinking and innovative solutions. High-impact positions in nutrition and other fields are available in leading health-related NGOs and government organizations in Burundi, Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the United States, and Zambia.
Global Health Corps is uniting emerging leaders across disciplines and backgrounds to work towards a common goal – health equity for all. Fellows focus on maternal and child health, healthcare access, HIV/AIDS, non-communicable diseases and many other critical issues. We believe real progress in global health will only be achieved with the skills and passion of a diverse community of talented individuals. Join us!
Applicants can apply for up to 3 fellowship positions that match their interests and skills. We are looking for people from a broad range of sectors and backgrounds.
The fellowship begins in July 2015 and extends through August 2016. Fellows engage in professional development training, mentorship and thoughtful community-building, and continue to draw upon their fellowship experience and the GHC alumni network as they build careers of lasting impact.
Global Health Corps believes that great ideas don't change the world, great PEOPLE do! Fellows are selected based on their ability to fit the job descriptions for the positions they apply to, and their fit with the GHC leadership practices. To learn more about the GHC leadership practices, visit: http://ghcorps.org/apply/
Fellows are placed in organizations in pairs – one international fellow and one local fellow from the placement country – creating a fellowship team that is a central part of the fellowship experience.
THE FOLLOWING ARE SOME OF THE NUTRITION POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN THE 2015-2016 FELLOWSHIP CLASS. To see the full list of fellowship positions, go to:http://ghcorps.org/fellows/apply/through-placements/
• Community Nutrition Support Fellow, Clinton Development Initiative, Malawi (M11-USA)
• Nutritional Technical Support Fellow, Partners In Health, Rwanda (R02-USA)
• Community Health and Nutrition Program Officer, African Evangelistic Enterprise (AEE), Rwanda (R07-USA)
• Nutrition Program Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, Ministry of Health, Rwanda (R11-USA)
• Food Security Officer, Development in Gardening, Uganda (G17-USA)
Fellows receive the following benefits:
• Monthly living stipend
• Housing
• Utilities stipend
• Health insurance
• A professional development grant of $600
• A completion award of $1500
• An advising program that pairs each fellow with an advisor in his/her area of work or interest
• A two-week Training Institute at Yale University in the United States to begin the fellowship
• A five-day End-of-Year retreat in East Africa to finish the fellowship
• Three multi-day trainings during the year
• Travel to and from placement site, all trainings, and retreats
• Professional development and personal support from a dedicated in-country program manager
• Personal development and accompaniment program led by Still Harbor
To see the full list of fellowship positions, go to:http://ghcorps.org/fellows/apply/through-placements/
How to apply
Applications will close February 3, 2015. Apply at http://ghcorps.org/fellows/apply/.
Full job description listings can be found athttp://ghcorps.org/fellows/apply/through-placements/. Applicants can apply for up to 3 positions that match their skills and interests.
If you have any questions about the application process and the fellowship, refer to our FAQs page at http://ghcorps.org/fellows/apply/faqs/. For specific questions, direct them to [log in to unmask].

Nutrition Assistant - Part Time - Rotating Day/Evening Shifts
Be the face of good nutrition and quality customer service.

At NewYork-Presbyterian, New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report), Nutrition Assistants deliver warm smiles, friendly conversations and healthy meals that soothe the soul. The relationships they build with patients cultivate good health, healing and comfort while ensuring a welcoming environment day after day. If you’re ready to bring warmth and customer service to the care of our patients and their families, explore the following position:

Nutrition Assistant - Part Time - Rotating Day/Evening Shift

Serve as a valued member of the team and provide essential support and superior customer service to our patients and their families. Maintain a culture of compassion, caring and safety to help ensure a positive experience for every patient, every time.

Qualified candidates have extensive customer service experience and a desire to Put Patients First. We’re looking for applicants with experience in the hotel, restaurant or retail industry. A high school diploma or GED is highly desired, but not required. Availability to work days, evenings and weekends is mandatory.

The shift for this position is rotating day/evening shifts. The shift can start as early as 5:00AM and end as late as 6:30PM

Benefits for this role include generous tuition reimbursement, financial planning assistance, on-site childcare and more. See why our patient and employee satisfaction scores are currently at all-time highs.
__________________

#1 in New York. #6 in the Nation. - U.S. News & World Report, "America's Best Hospitals 2014-2015"

Discover why we're #1 in New York - an unparalleled pursuit of excellence and the widest array of choices for your career. Learn more about what we can offer you at: NYP.ORG/CAREERS

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.

http://careers.nyp.org/new-york-jobs/nutrition-assistant-part-time-rotating-day-evening-shifts/718055?nt=1&bid=&utm_source=Indeed.com&utm_medium=Job-Board&utm_content=NY-83318&utm_campaign=none#.VKWSdCvF_XY

Food Database Editor - Korea
New York, NY | Operations
Job Description
Food Database Editor - Korea
About Us:
Noom is an exciting wellness technology company headquartered in New York City that plays in a $15 billion sector of the weight loss market. We develop mobile applications for guided weight loss, and is backed by investments from RRE Ventures one of the top tier venture capital firms in New York, with participation from Harbor Pacific Capital, Qualcomm Ventures, Recruit Strategic Partners, and TransLink Capital.
Consumer appetite for mobile application based assistance in weight loss is accelerating. Driven by a mission to help people around the world enjoy healthier lives through better nutrition and exercise, Noom is ambitiously expanding its footprint into this market with great mobile products proven by successful user experiences.
Food logging is the core of our apps, and its important that our users are able to find any type of food they eat and choose units that they are familiar with. That’s where you get involved. Noom is looking for a self-motivated Database Editor to improve quality and quantity of our food database. The position will include web research, finding the correct calorie and serving size information on given food items, correcting the items we already have, and so much more.

(Noom Inc.,) 구글 출신의 정상급 개발자들이 모여 사용자의 생활 패턴을 분석하고 맞춤형 다이어트 코치 어플을 개발하는 모바일 기술 회사입니다. 전세계 사람들이 나은 식단과 운동을 통해 건강한 삶을 즐길 있도록 돕는 것이 저희의 미션입니다. 현재 눔은 모바일 헬스 분야 최다인 전세계 2,200 이상의 사용자들의 삶을 건강하게 변화시켜왔고, 미국, 유럽, 아시아 등지의 유수의 벤처 캐피탈로부터 투자를 받으며, Wellness Technology 글로벌 선두를 차지하고 있습니다.

2012
12 ' 다이어트 코치' 한국어 버전을 출시하였고, 2013 5월에는 '눔코리아(NoomKorea Inc.)' 설립하면서 본격적으로 한국 시장에 진출하였습니다. 정확하고 개선된 식사기록 기능을 한국유저분들에게 제공하고자, 이에 본사에서 한국형 음식 데이터베이스 구축을 위해 도와주실 파트타임 에디터 분을 찾고 있습니다.

Responsibilities:
• Set the roadmap to improve the quantity and quality of the database
• Research calorie and serving size information on various food items
• Correct issues or wrong information on already registered items
• Process user submitted food entries and insert into food database by using internal tool.
• Responsible for App testing in iOS and Android platforms
• Other duties and projects as assigned

Requirements:
• Fluent in Korean and have lived or visited Korea long enough to be deeply familiar with the country's cuisine.
• Good communicator and fluent in English
• Some experience with web research
• Detail oriented and care for the quality of your work
• Strong interest in wellness and nutrition
• Database knowledge a plus
• Able to commit to work at least 3 days/wk and must be available to work on Tuesday and Thursday
** This is a paid part-time position and payment is $13/HR.
** Please send a resume in English, AND write a cover letter in both English and Korean describing your interest.
*** Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered.

http://www.jobscore.com/jobs2/noom/food-database-editor-korea/dTl0TCH5Sr5jo5iGaltGfR?Board=Indeed&PID=2112954

Director of Nutrition & Culinary Arts
Lantern Community Services - New York, NY
Lantern Organization, a not
forprofit housing developer and service provider established in 1997 to strengthen New York City communities, provides permanent supportive housing for more than 1,400 single adults and families living with special needs, including chronic homelessness, HIV/AIDS and mental illness, as well as young adults aging out of the foster care system. Following the Housing First model, Lantern Community Services, the social service affiliate of Lantern Organization, provides a complement of counseling and supportive services to help clients stabilize their lives, maintain their housing stability and advance towards their individualized goals, including financial independence.
Organizational Role:
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and dynamic Director of Nutrition and Culinary Arts to design and implement nutrition and culinary programming for individuals who live in our supportive housing sites. Our clients span in age from young children to older adults, and are people with histories of chronic homelessness, medical fragility, mental illness, substance abuse, foster care, and/or HIV/AIDS.
This newly created position will develop and maintain a comprehensive nutrition and culinary arts program customized for the distinct needs of Lantern’s clients. The Director will be required to research and recommend nutritional and culinary arts programming models, determine which programs would best fit our needs and goals, and implement the programs at Lantern’s sites. To the extent possible, programming must include evidence-based models that have demonstrated a positive effect on participants. Nutrition and culinary arts programming must also integrate with other programming at our residential sites, including in the areas of health and wellness; regular food service; education and employment; and arts and culture. Successful execution of this program necessitates the ability to cultivate relationships with stakeholders, including other community-based programs, to build a wide-ranging, holistic program that meets the needs of our diverse clients.
The Director of Nutrition and Culinary Arts will report to the Chief Program Officer, and work collaboratively with staff at our residential sites in Brooklyn, Manhattan and the Bronx. This position is exempt.
Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement nutrition and culinary arts programming for the diverse array of Lantern clients at all residential sites. Programming shall include implementing evidence-based models that have demonstrated a positive effect on participants with fidelity. Much programming – though not necessarily all – will be done in a group format.
• Build and maintain partnerships and linkages with other stakeholders, including community-based organizations, to broaden arts and cultural offerings to Lantern clients.
• Plan and implement on- and off-site nutrition and culinary arts events for clients.
• Collaborate with Lantern staff to ensure that nutrition and culinary arts programming is integrated into other on-site programming, and is working to achieve common outcomes.
• Train staff and serve as a program expert in the provision of best practices and progressive services and programming related to nutrition and culinary arts.
• Participate in regular staff meetings, individual supervision and other meetings as required.
• Complete reports as directed by supervisor.
• Perform other job-related functions, as assigned.
Qualifications:
• Master’s Degree in a related field required.
• Experience designing and implementing nutrition and culinary arts programming required.
• Relevant experience serving populations impacted by substance abuse, mental illness, HIV/AIDS and homelessness preferred.
• Experience with evidence-based and/or promising practices preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a collaborative team member with a diverse population.
• Proactive problem solver willing and able to seek creative solutions in the interest of clients and building a strong and respectful community.
• Experience providing training to staff, facilitating groups and effectively engaging clients with multiple barriers to stability and independence preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience providing direct service to one or more of the following populations preferred: persons living with AIDS/HIV, formerly homeless and chronically homeless persons and families, young adults aged out of foster care, persons with mental illness, or persons in recovery from addiction.
Note:
Candidates being considered for the position must sign a release form for Lantern Community Services to perform a criminal background check.
Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Lantern-Community-Services/jobs/Director-Nutrition-Culinary-Arts-0547f621f6d0698b

The Floating Hospital, Inc. - Bronx, NY
HEALTH EDUCATOR
Bronx, NY

The Floating Hospital, a non-profit healthcare provider, is seeking a highly motivated Health Educator for immediate full-time placement. Essential duties include:

Greet and educate the Dept. of Homeless Services pediatric, adolescent, and adult applicants on the importance of a healthy lifestyle;
Complete health education progress notes;
Complete and distribute referrals on a daily basis;
Maintain Nurse Family Partnership logs;
Maintain and replenish an inventory of health education supplies.
Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or higher education, have experience conducting health education counseling for adolescents and adults in various settings, and have excellent written, oral, and strong public speaking skills. Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred.

We offer a competitive salary and benefits. EOE
http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?cmp=Sky-Advertising-for-The-Floating-Hospital&t=Health+Educator&jk=71a342a2372bf235&sjdu=QwrRXKrqZ3CNX5W-O9jEvaK-IqlRfWx3R8EWF6AqU55mqVCA1Nn5QfCkIiUjlKQPJotB8pMlfi9ZIvkZWpXOhA&pub=pub-indeed

Clinical Registered Dietician, PACE
Department
PACE CNY - PACE 2
Type
Regular Part-Time
Shift
First
Shift Details
-Current Registration with AND min BA/BS in Dietetics or related field,
-1 yr exper. in Healthcare setting required,
- LTC or outpt exper. preferred,
-demonstrated ability to perform nutritional assessments and plans of care.
-Would like working knowledge of team concept in providing care.
Weekends Required?
No
Weekend Shift Details
..

Apply for this job online

Refer a friend to this job

More information about this job:
Overview:
Responsible for the assessment, and care planning specific to the nutritional status of the resident/participant. Contributing team member in establishing and implementing the multidisciplinary care plan.
Responsibilities:
Perform required nutritional assessments. Maintain adequate follow up for High Nutritional Risk residents/participants. Perform required Tube feeding, Weight loss, Initial, and skin assessments. Write Tube Feeding orders and make recommendations to MD/NP. Generate and update resident care plan. Provide diet counseling to residents, resident families, friends and staff regarding dietary restrictions. Assist with menu planning through provision of feedback from residents and observed plate waste.
Qualifications:
B.A or B.S in dietetics from an ADA accredited academic institution. Current registration is desired but RD eligible will be considered. (1-2) years long term/acute care experience preferred. Strong written and oral communication skills. Proven organizational skills. Ability to perform nutrition assessments and care plans/
https://external-loretto.icims.com/jobs/5076/clinical-registered-dietician%2c-pace/job?mobile=false&width=1350&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false

Nutritionist - Part Time
Fulmont Community Action Agency, Inc. - Fonda, NY
Looking for a part time Nutritionist. 14 hours per week. Applicant must have a minimum 4 year degree from accredited college or university in nutrition, dietetics, home economics or a closely related field, Registered Dietician or registry eligible OR a licensed RN. EEOC: all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, disability or marital status.
http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Fulmont-Community-Action-Agency,-Inc./jobs/Nutritionist-15bb1d78f50bd429

JOB INFORMATION
Job ID: 16388 Updated: 12/29/2014
Job Title: Registered Dietician Location: Rochester
Brief Job Description: Please apply on line at www.trilliumhealth.org
Job Posting PDF: Registered_Dietitian_2014(3).pdf

CONTACT INFORMATION
Agency: Trillium Health
Contact: John Frazier
Address: 259 Monroe Ave
Suite 100
Rochester, NY 14607

Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist
Job ID
2014-7493
# Positions
1
Facility
Archcare Senior Life- Harlem
Location
US-NY-New York
US-NY-Bronx
Experience (Years)
1
Posted Date
12/10/2014
Category
Nutrition
Work Days Per Week
3
Shift
Shift Start Time
830
Shift End Time
500
Type
Part Time
# Hours
21
More information about this job:
Overview:
Job Summary

Responsible for providing comprehensive assessment and nutrition treatment and coordination of 24 hour care for to PACE participants as part of the PACE interdisciplinary team. Plans, organizes and conducts a comprehensive program of individual and group nutrition services including provision of nutrition needs of the participant, clinical guidance, nutrition education and counseling to meet normal and therapeutic needs. Works under general supervision
Responsibilities:
Essential Functions

* Performs initial face-to-face assessment and evaluates nutritional status of individual participants utilizing nutritional guidelines, professional knowledge and interviewing skills to provide quality care. Performs face-to-face reassessment as required.
* Evaluates participant’s physical condition and calculates therapeutic diets to meet the specific requirements of individual patients. Recommends to team on the plan of care and status of participant progress.
* Establishes nutritional plans on assessment of participant’s condition, monitors participant’s progress and recommends/ revises changes in nutritional plan for effective participant care.
* Develops and implements the nutrition care plan to promote restore or maintain the participant’s optimum nutrition status, ensuring integration into the interdisciplinary team plan of care. Monitors effectiveness and outcomes regularly and keeps the team informed as to participant progress and level of independence.
* Documents changes in the participant’s condition and details care provided by completing all required PACE documentation and ensuring compliance to Agency standards and policies
* Monitors participant progress and outcomes through assessment of care provided, including need for revision to treatment plan. Coordinates with other members of the interdisciplinary team to ensure that the comprehensive plan of care is followed and revised as needed.
* Provides nutrition counseling to participants and/or caregivers utilizing educational materials, modified diets and teaching aids to ensure participants understanding of the overall plan of care and its implications.
* Participates in Agency in-service education programs, QA review, and interdisciplinary team meetings as requested by management. Consults with team members on hard to service cases
* Acts as liaison with other community agencies to gather and disseminate information on nutrition trends and changes.
* Travels to participants’ homes and/or other facilities with varying environments (e.g., elevated buildings, walk-ups, care facilities, single/multiple family homes, presence of pets, etc.) using approved transportation options to deliver direct care to the patient.
* Oversees the work of Geriatric Caregivers in the kitchen by working with Center Manager to recommend solutions regarding specific dietary needs.
* Evaluates the need for nutritional supplements. Instructs participants/caregivers/family members and other staff members in proper use. Education of staff members will include but not be limited to providing in-service training as needed and evaluating and documenting the competency of staff where appropriate
* Participates in PACE and ARCHCARE SENIOR LIFE meetings including but not limited to, interdisciplinary team meetings, family meetings, staff meetings, in-service and training programs, nutrition services meetings and Quality Improvement activities.
* Works with other Dieticians and Recreation/Activities staff to create and oversee special diet groups as examples but not limited to diabetic groups, weight loss groups and other programs that can be provided for appropriate participants
* Assumes responsibility for continued professional growth by maintaining professional memberships and annual professional certifications.
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
* Meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by the PACE organization and approved by CMS before working independently
Qualifications:
Education & Experience

Formal Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 1 year
License, Registration, and / or Certification Requirement: Yes
Minimum Knowledge: Requires advanced knowledge of principles and practices within a professional field or recognized body of formal knowledge.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Education Requirements
* Bachelor’s Degree with major in food and nutrition or equivalent experience.
Experience Requirements
* Minimum of one year of professional experience as a registered dietician One year of experience with a frail geriatric population in a long term care or home care setting
* Have 1 year of experience with a frail or elderly population
License Requirements
* Current registration to practice as a Registered Dietician from American Dietetic Association.
Skill Requirements
* Adaptability/Flexibility Adaptability/Flexibility Problem Solving Results Oriented Interpersonal Savvy Communications Successful performance on Competency Checklist
https://jobs-archcare.icims.com/jobs/7493/registered-dietitian-nutritionist/job?mode=job&iis=Indeed&iisn=Indeed.com&mobile=false&width=698&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false

Posted by: [log in to unmask]

Reply to sender

Reply to group