To: PHCN Practice Group
Subject: [PHCNPG] Academy Requests Comments for it's Response on the Proposed Healthier Meal Standards

USDA Released Proposed Healthier Meal Standards for Federal Food Programs serving Child and Adult Care and Afterschool Programs
USDA has released the proposed regulation for the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) that sets healthier meal patterns and nutrition standards for Head Start, child care, and afterschool programs, as well as proposed rules for school meal programs serving school-based Pre-K and afterschool programs.

Academy members will be key to the success of the new rule and member input is key to finalizing the rule.  Interested Academy members are encouraged to join Food Research and Action Center and USDA for a webinar on the proposed rule January 29th at 1:30 Eastern Time.

If you are interested in contributing to the Academy’s responses to these regulatory initiatives, please send them to me by Wednesday, February 4.  I will compile them for our practice group and forward them to the Academy..

Thank you in advance.

Judy Klavens-Giunta,RDN
Policy and Advocacy Leader
PHCN PG