/arlene spark\
sent via iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: Oldways <[log in to unmask]>
Date: January 15, 2015 at 4:05:28 PM EST
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Latest Toolkit from Oldways Nutrition Exchange

Through our survey, Judy tells us that she uses ONE resources to educate consumers - both in the store and in the community - about healthy eating. "My customers appreciate the ONE PDFs that I hand out during demos and store tours, one-on-one consultations, and at community events. And I love them for the pertinent information which saves me valuable research and development time!

Congratulations, Judy. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!
ONE Quick Links
The ONE place to find contacts and resources from food manufacturers, commodity boards and nutrition non-profits.

ONE Surveytell us  how we can serve you better. Take our quick survey and let us know. We appreciate your feedback.

Or, email our program manager at [log in to unmask]
and let us know your thoughts and ideas for improving ONE.

Oldways Community

January Toolkit Posted!
Happy New Year from all of us at Oldways!

The following is the latest ONE Toolkit ready for you to download:

It's a common misperception that eating healthy is expensive. Not so! This Toolkit will help educate shoppers on how they can control their budget and time to create less stress in the kitchen and save money in the grocery store. We've included lots of tips, a resource that shows how and why to use unit pricing, the ever popular "12 Ways with Eggs," a store display with recipes for $2 dinners, as well as a quiz that you can use on your next store tour.

ONE-stopHeader_nobackground
A NEW ONLINE TOOL CREATED FOR YOU!
Check out our latest online tool created especially for dietitians and other healthcare professionals: the ONE-Stop Resource Directory

If you find yourself searching multiple websites to find contacts and health resources developed by food companies, commodity boards or nutrition non-profit organizations, search no more!

With ONE-Stop you'll find contact names for the people who can answer your questions about nutrition and products (many of them are RDs); links to health resources, websites and social media pages, along with offers for product samples, coupons and more!

It's easy to find what you need: Use our searchable database to search by topic or simply browse the directory by company name.

Our first participants in ONE-Stop include companies such as Bard Valley,
Safest Choice Pasteurized Eggs, and Starkist; commodity boards including

the U.S. Potato Board and North American Olive Oil Association; and

non-profit organizations like Cans Get You Cooking and Partnership for

Food Safety Education. Be sure to stop by often as we add more listings

to this new directory -- and as existing companies update their information throughout the year.

As you use ONE-Stop, we'd love to get your feedback; please email us at [log in to unmask] with your comments on how you use the Directory as well as thoughts and ideas for making it even more effective for you.

PAST ISSUES OF TOOLKITS STILL AVAILABLE
Thirteen additional Toolkits ready for your use.

You can access previously-offered Toolkits for up to 12 months. Our latest four kits include:

January 2015_constantcontact

Gluten Free (December 2014)

While 6% of the population may have celiac disease, gluten sensitivity, or wheat allergies that make a gluten-free diet medically necessary, others may be "going GF" based on hype and misinformation. This toolkit provides resources that will help you set the science straight and educate consumers about gluten, celiac disease, and GF diets.

Bonus Material: Included with this kit are links to videos and Powerpoints from the Whole Grains Council's (WGC) conference, "Whole Grains: Breaking Barriers." Because these presentations were part of a live event, registered dietitians can earn Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits when you view them by November 9, 2015. Details are on the WGC website

For Heart Month in February or any time of year, this Toolkit provides a range of resources including Mediterranean Diet studies, recipes, tips, tweets and a healthy-heart shopping list that will help shoppers organize their grocery trips.

Old Year/New Year (October 2014)

This kit provides tips for staying healthy and keeping weight management goals in check not only during the holidays but anytime in the New Year. We share ways to prepare the season's bountiful produce, give ideas for healthy, no-fuss appetizers, and include a cooking-demo resource that will inspire folks to enjoy more veggies with their meals. Nothing says "holidays" like pumpkin pie and we'd be remiss if we didn't share this best-ever pumpkin pie recipe.

Managing Your Blood Pressure (September 2014)

Hypertension (high blood pressure) affects 31% of Americans, including many who aren't aware that they have it. The good news is that a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, seafood, and low-fat dairy, along with lifestyle changes, can help lower blood pressure. We provide a shopping list and quiz to use in-store, as well as recipes, research and lots of tips for achieving a desirable blood pressure level.

Be sure to check out these Kits, too, if you haven't already:

Please note that the "Mediterranean Diet" and "Label Claims" Toolkits will be removed from our Toolkit rotation next month--be sure to download any resources you need from these kits before February 15.

USING ONE RESOURCES
You decide how to use them

ONE_dietitian
The content we provide is free, easily accessible and downloadable. Click on the links above to access these Toolkits. All you need is your email address you used when you signed up. Remember, you're free to repurpose the content as explained on the ONE page.
Thank you for your continued support and interest in ONE.

Warm regards,
Deborah Plunkett, Program Manager
Oldways Nutrition Exchange

Cynthia Harriman, Director of Food and Nutrition Strategies
Oldways/Oldways Nutrition Exchange

Forward this email

This email was sent to [log in to unmask] by [log in to unmask] |

Oldways | 266 Beacon Street | Boston | MA | 02116