Dear Hunter PreMeds,

For those of you that came to our first Changing the Face of Medicine presentation, you already know how amazing the speakers we’ve recruited for this series are.

We’re following up with an invitation to attend our second speaker presentation: Dr. Hilda Hutcherson from Columbia P&S, talking about Women’s Sexual Health on Monday, February 2nd at 5:30PM. Please forward this message to your respective listserves and advise all students to reserve their spots via the link below.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EkN_ftOShKtL9w50CEzBzsRPVE2oLYxflnwrVKIiGMY/viewform?usp=send_form

 A little about Dr. Hutcherson:

Currently the associate dean of diversity & multicultural affairs and a member of the medical school admissions committee at Columbia P&S, Dr. Hutcherson an nationally renown Ob-Gyn and expert in women’s sexual health.

Dr. Hutcherson is known to audiences for her monthly sexual health columns in Essence and Glamour magazines in which she provides advice and has emerged as a vocal advocate for women’s health empowerment through education. Hutcherson’s extensive experience has made her a popular source for expert medical commentary for media outlets including the magazines Heart and Soul, Cosmopolitan,Upscale, Allure, and Marie Claire. Black Enterprise Magazine recently named Hutcherson one of America’s Leading Physicians.

In addition, Hutcherson has appeared on numerous television programs including the Oprah Winfrey Show, the Montel Williams Show, 20/20, The Today Show, Good Morning America, the Early Show, and ABC Nightly News.

A native of Tuskegee, Alabama, Hutcherson studied Biology at Stanford University where she graduated with honors. She received her medical training from Harvard Medical School and performed her medical internship at the University of California in San Francisco before completing her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Columbia University Medical Center in New York.

Thanks guys! Feel free to direct any questions to me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. ALSO, CAN YOU GUYS FORWARD THIS TO ANY OTHER CUNY STUDENTS THAT YOU THINK WOULD BE INTERESTED? Thank you!

Best,
Christopher D. Lopez
M.D. Candidate, Class of 2017
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Co-President of The Latino Medical Student Association at Icahn SOM
Co-President of The Plastic Surgery Interest Group at Icahn SOM

[cid:2CB64915-30AB-429C-9BD7-87799ACD7C4C@wireless.mountsinai.org]