FYI,

Please see the note below from Becca Klein regarding a sign on letter urging USDA and HHS to consider sustainability as part of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. The letter will be sent as soon as the DGA report is released, so please respond to Becca as soon as possible if your organization is interested in signing on.

Best,

Liz Valentin
Nutrition Policy Coordinator
Center for Science in the Public Interest
1220 L Street NW, Suite 300
Washington DC 20005
tel 202 777 8352
fax 202 265 4954

Dear NANA members,

As you know, Congress is pressuring USDA to not allow consideration of sustainability as part of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. We feel that it is imperative for the DGAC to continue highlighting sustainability in their recommendations to USDA, and for USDA and HHS to embrace those recommendations.

Please take a look at the attached sign-on letter being circulated by the Johns Hopkins Center for a Livable Future, Healthy Food Action, and Friends of the Earth. If your organization can sign on, please let us know ASAP, by replying to
[log in to unmask], with the person to be listed on behalf of the organization and the full organization name, alternatively by filling out the form at: http://tinyurl.com/DGsustainability. You can also see the most up to date listing of which other organizations have signed on so far via that link.

While we were aiming for a sign on date of COB Wednesday, 2/11, we are delighted to leave it open for a bit longer for your consideration. We will be releasing the letter with whatever signatures we have as soon as the DGAC recommendations are out. Thank you for your understanding of the rushed nature of this process.

Sincerely,

Robert Martin, CLF
David Wallinga, MD, Healthy Food Action
Kari Hamerschlag, Friends of the Earth