.
Resources for Emergency Food Providers
View this email in your browser<http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=f98dc9b62ab881fa8bab218e6&id=c6da07d9ac&e=de83c355ec>

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/f98dc9b62ab881fa8bab218e6/images/b3b0df38-69c7-4a54-ab79-13ab0b5183d8.jpg]

USDA National Hunger Hotline

The New York City Coalition Against Hunger is now operating the USDA National Hunger Hotline. The hotline is a resource for individuals and families seeking information on how to obtain food. The USDA National Hunger Hotline staff connects callers with emergency food providers in their community, government assistance programs, and various social services.

During summer months, the hotline provides information about meal sites where children 18 years old and under can get free, nutritious meals through the USDA Summer Food Service Program.

The hotline can be reached at 1-866-3-HUNGRY or 1-877-8-HAMBRE (for Spanish) from Monday through Friday (8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET).

National Best Practices

The Anti-Hunger and Opportunity Corps, a national anti-hunger service program of the NYC Coalition Against Hunger, brought together 99 VISTAs from 32 states and the District of Columbia for the Ending Hunger Through Citizen Service Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana January 21st through January 26th.

The conference gave VISTA members an opportunity to experience how partner organizations are developing long-term solutions to hunger and poverty, a goal shared by VISTA host sites throughout the U.S. Participants engaged in best practice sessions on topics such as SNAP outreach, media training, and volunteer engagement.

Kelly Koss, a VISTA serving at the Campus Kitchens Project at Northwestern University said, “After more than six months being immersed in our communities and assigned projects, the mid-year conference was a chance for us to share ideas and best practices and learn from each others’ experiences. My favorite part of the conference was connecting with other VISTAs with similar passions and goals and learning about the creative ways they are increasing access to healthy, local food and reducing hunger in their communities. During a best practice session about engaging farmers’ markets in Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) programs, I learned how one VISTA is encouraging members of her community to use their SNAP benefits at farmers’ markets by creating a cookbook filled with easy and affordable recipes from farmers at the local market. I am excited to apply the knowledge and ideas I gained at the conference to my work at the Campus Kitchen at Northwestern University.”

New Report on School Breakfast

On Tuesday, February 10th the Food Research & Action Center (FRAC) released a new report on school breakfast participation across the nation. The report contains a state by state breakdown, as well as a breakdown by school district, of breakfast participation. For more info. and to view to report visit frac.org.<http://nyccah.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=f98dc9b62ab881fa8bab218e6&id=b6668df96e&e=de83c355ec> For more information on the school breakfast program click here. <http://nyccah.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f98dc9b62ab881fa8bab218e6&id=d2daa6ac1d&e=de83c355ec>

SNAP 2015 Cost-of-Living Adjustments
Kicked-In October 1, 2014

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/f98dc9b62ab881fa8bab218e6/images/8a033da8-7c2c-4614-b4d5-6046eb0e90ae.gif]In accordance with federal law, fiscal year (FY) 2015 cost-of-living adjustments (covering October 1, 2014 to September 30, 2015) to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) maximum allotments, income eligibility standards and deductions are now in effect: Maximum allotments will increase for the 48 states and D.C., Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands. For a family of four receiving a maximum allotment, benefits will increase from $632 to $649, an increase of $17.
Be A Summer Meals Champion!
Take advantage of webinar sessions where you will be provided with the latest resources, funding information, policy updates, technical guidance, best practices, highlights and success stories from around the country, and many other great tools to make your Summer Meals Program ROCK!

Register Now!
Click here <http://nyccah.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f98dc9b62ab881fa8bab218e6&id=3a1b517e3d&e=de83c355ec>  or copy and paste the following link on your browser:
https://usdafnsocco.wufoo.com/forms/z1fz22yq15lwrhy/<http://nyccah.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f98dc9b62ab881fa8bab218e6&id=c537f4bb0c&e=de83c355ec>
[=============]
This Wednesday!
Summer Meals: Engaging Faith Based Organizations
Wednesday, February 25th 2015 4:00pm to 5:00pm EST
During each webinar you will be able to talk with our presenters via chat and phone.
Get to ask questions and share your ideas!

A RESOURCE FOR EMERGENCY FOOD PROVIDERS
This newsletter is intended to serve as a resource for our network of Emergency Food Providers. To submit information for future issues, contact Michelle at [log in to unmask]<mailto:mfriedman@nyccah.org?subject=About%20Hunger%20Clearinghouse%20Newsletter...>.

This is a project of the New York City Coalition Against Hunger.
50 Broad Street, Suite 1520, NY, NY 10004 | [log in to unmask]

[Facebook]<http://nyccah.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f98dc9b62ab881fa8bab218e6&id=15ff4ff979&e=de83c355ec>
Facebook<http://nyccah.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f98dc9b62ab881fa8bab218e6&id=3023c8fde1&e=de83c355ec>
[Twitter]<http://nyccah.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f98dc9b62ab881fa8bab218e6&id=6bc4930954&e=de83c355ec>
Twitter<http://nyccah.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=f98dc9b62ab881fa8bab218e6&id=568cac1837&e=de83c355ec>