Do you have a story to tell about home pregnancy tests?

I am a graduate student in the Department of Sociology at Columbia University, and I would like to invite you to participate in my research study to find out more about the use of home pregnancy tests and other home medical tests. You may participate if you are at least 18 years old and have ever used a home pregnancy test, your friend or partner has used a home pregnancy test, or you are a medical professional who deals with home pregnancy tests in any capacity. I am seeking a diverse group of experiences and participants, from typical to unusual.

If you would be willing to be interviewed in person or via telephone related to your experience with home pregnancy tests, please contact me, Joan Robinson, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Participants will be asked a series of openˇ©ended questions, and the interview will take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes.

The use of home pregnancy tests can be very personal. As such, all identifying information about you will be completely confidential throughout all phases of this study. This means that your name will never be recorded or used, and that no one, aside from the researchers, will ever know that it was you who participated in the study. For instance, if your friend or partner has already participated in the study or will in the future, the information you provide to the researchers will never be shared with them, and vice versa.

The study simply seeks to understand how home pregnancy tests fit into American social life. The study has no corporate sponsorship, and the information you provide will never be sold to anyone.

I hope that you are willing and able to participate! Please feel free to forward this flier to anyone who you think might be interested in participating.

Thank you for your consideration, Joan Robinson
IRB Protocol# IRBˇ©AAAK5105