Like last year (see below), we are offering our Spanish and Community Health summer program in Costa Rica and I would appreciate if you could e-mail your students and encourage them to check for more information here:

http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/educationabroad/programs/short-term-programs/all-summer-2015-programs/costa-rica

and for application materials here:

http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/educationabroad/repository/files/applications/Summer%202015%20Application.pdf

The application deadline has been extended till April 12 and, as stated in the program description, we have 5 scholarships of $250 each to award to eligible applicants.

Together with the International Center for Development Studies (ICDS) and Hospital Clinica Biblica in San Jose, Costa Rica, we created a 6-week program that is composed of two courses: Spanish Language course that focuses on the medical terminology (credits for Hunter SPAN 210) and a course focusing on public health issues in Latin America (credits for COMHE 400.58). The program includes homestay, visits to hospitals, clinics, and other points of medical service, as well as an excursion to the town of Atenas and to the beautiful Punta Leona beach resort.

The information and application can be found on our page: www.hunter.cuny.edu/educationabroad