With Melissa Halas-Liang, MA RD, CDE
Founder of SuperKids Nutrition (www.superkidsnutrition.com<http://www.superkidsnutrition.com>)

LIVE WEBINAR
Thursday, April 16, 2015
6:30-8:00 PM (Eastern Time)

Do you want to learn new, fun, and effective ways to help parents with overweight and obese children?  Join nationally recognized nutrition educator Melissa Halas-Liang, MA, RD, CDE, founder of SuperKids Nutrition, as she shares her top tips for nutrition professionals working with pediatric populations and families.

COURSE OBJECTIVES
Following this course, participants will be able to:

  *   Teach parents positive ways to speak to their children about healthy eating and weight
  *   Work with families to set realistic and appropriate weight goals based on age and weight status
  *   Use new strategies to help families create solutions that counter our obesogenic environment
  *   Identify eating issues specific to children and teens, and how these factors may be contributing to weight gain
  *   Counter habits that contribute to weight gain in children, especially during summer months
  *   Supply parents with effective educational materials on pediatric obesity prevention and weight management
  *   Understand paternal influences on weight gain

CONTINUING EDUCATION
Registered Dietitians: this activity has been approved for 1.5 continuing professional education hours.

REGISTRATION
For more information and to register for this event, visit the GNYDA Events page at www.gnyda.org/Public/Events.aspx#event285<http://www.gnyda.org/Public/Events.aspx#event285>