Organic Farm Apprentices/Interns 2015 Season

Start Date: Spring 2015

Work schedule: 4-51/2 days a week

College Credits: We will fill out paperwork for college credit

Salary: Stipend

Positions: Apprenticeships/Internships

School Lunch Farm & CSA, in Northern NJ, is seeking apprentices/interns for

the full 2015 season. This job begins in the spring and ends in late fall. The

apprenticeship may resume for the 2016 season pending agreement by the farmer

and apprentice. We ask for up to 5 1/2 days of work per week, and duties

include all aspects of vegetable production and marketing, including weeding,

harvesting, washing, CSA distribution helper, greenhouse management, seeding,

transplanting, etc. We require a valid drivers license and the ability to lift

at least 50lbs. We provide all the vegetables you need and eggs. We also

provide a monthly stipend - amount to be determined and assistance locating

housing.

Daily Activities:

●       Seed starting in greenhouse, thinning seedlings, and feeding. Direct

sowing in fields.

●       Record keeping

●       Bed preparation: rock picking, cultivating, back pack flaming,

weeding, and working with drip irrigation

●       Foliar spraying of crops for feeding and pest control

●       Specific techniques for harvesting, cleaning, and storing different

vegetables

●       Tractor and implement safety, maintenance, hookup, calibration and

operation

●       Farm Upkeep: mowing tractor ways and grass borders, weed-whacking,

building, repairs, painting

●       Working with volunteers—adults and children

If you have an area of interest please let us know!

Location:

School Lunch Farm & CSA

69 Stephen Park Road

Hackettstown, NJ 07840

Contact Info:

Margaret Noon

Please use email contact first!

908-451-0051

School Lunch Farm Vision:

School Lunch Farm is founded on the desire create healthier soil and community

by growing nutrient dense organic vegetables and fruits, heirloom and

specialty crops for community supported agriculture shareholders, schools,

low-income community members, farm markets, and restaurants.