Organic Farm Apprentices/Interns 2015 Season
Start Date: Spring 2015
Work schedule: 4-51/2 days a week
College Credits: We will fill out paperwork for college credit
Salary: Stipend

Positions: Apprenticeships/Internships
School Lunch Farm & CSA, in Northern NJ, is seeking apprentices/interns for
the full 2015 season. This job begins in the spring and ends in late fall. The
apprenticeship may resume for the 2016 season pending agreement by the farmer
and apprentice. We ask for up to 5 1/2 days of work per week, and duties
include all aspects of vegetable production and marketing, including weeding,
harvesting, washing, CSA distribution helper, greenhouse management, seeding,
transplanting, etc. We require a valid drivers license and the ability to lift
at least 50lbs. We provide all the vegetables you need and eggs. We also
provide a monthly stipend - amount to be determined and assistance locating
housing.
Daily Activities:
●       Seed starting in greenhouse, thinning seedlings, and feeding. Direct
sowing in fields.
●       Record keeping
●       Bed preparation: rock picking, cultivating, back pack flaming,
weeding, and working with drip irrigation
●       Foliar spraying of crops for feeding and pest control
●       Specific techniques for harvesting, cleaning, and storing different
vegetables
●       Tractor and implement safety, maintenance, hookup, calibration and
operation
●       Farm Upkeep: mowing tractor ways and grass borders, weed-whacking,
building, repairs, painting
●       Working with volunteers—adults and children
If you have an area of interest please let us know!
Location:
School Lunch Farm & CSA
69 Stephen Park Road
Hackettstown, NJ 07840

Contact Info:
Margaret Noon
Please use email contact first!
908-451-0051

School Lunch Farm Vision:
School Lunch Farm is founded on the desire create healthier soil and community
by growing nutrient dense organic vegetables and fruits, heirloom and
specialty crops for community supported agriculture shareholders, schools,
low-income community members, farm markets, and restaurants.