Dear Hunter College Pre-Health Students,

I'm happy to announce our distinguished Diverse Speakers for the free Diversity Health Professional Career Fair for College Students and Graduates, on May 1, at Hunter College, NYC!

Over 30 academic health centers and organizations will be tabling to recruit diverse trainees (for example, racial and ethnic minorities, women, and LGBTQ individuals) into their health career training programs, residency programs, and career development/pipeline programs.  Workshops will be offered on how to be a successful applicant to pipeline programs and health career training programs

Learn about Career Development Programs through the CDC, NIH, Association of American Medical Colleges, American Dental Education Association,  NYC Department of Health and numerous other organizations.

Registration is FREE

Register now at http://bngap.org/2015-diversity-health-professionalresidency-career-fair/2015-health-professionalresidency-career-fair-registration/

AGENDA

Dental, Medical, Nursing, Physician Assistant, and Social Work Perspectives on Working at an Academic Health Center

Carmen Milagros Vélez Vega PhD, MSW, Chair of the Social Sciences Department at the University of Puerto Rico, Medical Sciences Campus, School of Public Health

Elizabeth Lorde-Rollins MD

Anthony Pho NP, Weill-Cornell Medical College

Herminio Perez DMD, MBA, Director of Student & Multicultural Affairs, Rutgers New Jersey Dental School

Taking Advantage of Pipeline Programs to Reach Your Dream of Becoming a Health Professional

Norma I. Poll-Hunter PhD, Senior Director, Human Capital Portfolio, Association of American Medical Colleges

Elizabeth Wilson-Anstey MA, EdD Candidate, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, Co-Director, Travelers Summer Research Fellowship, Program for Premedical Students, Weill Cornell Medical College

Dolores Anthony-Leslie Project Director, Office for Diversity and Community Engagement, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School

Janice Blake MPH, CHES, Director, HRTP: A Public Health Internship Program, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene

Sharon L. Milgram MD, Director, Office of Intramural Training & Education, NIH Office of the Director

Organizations at Career Fair

American Dental Education Association

Association of American Medical Colleges

Eastern Virginia Medical School

Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine

Health Research Training Program, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene

Hispanic Serving Health Professions Schools

Mayo Medical School – Mayo Clinic

New York University College of Dentistry/College of Nursing

Rutgers New Jersey Medical School/School of Dental Medicine

Tour 4 Diversity

Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine

Visit BNGAP at http://www.bngap.org

I hope to see you on May 1, 2015

JP Sanchez MD, MPH

P.I., Building the Next Generation of Academic Physicians Initiative

Assistant Dean, Diversity and Inclusion

Assistant Professor, Emergency Medicine

Rutgers, New Jersey Medical School