From: NYC Food Policy Center at Hunter College [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 10:33 AM
To: Attiqa Mirza
Subject: You're Invited! Spring 2015 Event Updates and Announcements

Spring 2015 event updates and announcements

Fines, Fees and Permits: Barriers and Opportunities to Improving the Food Retail Environment in NYC

Originally scheduled for May 19th,

this event has been postponed until the Fall 2015 semester.

We will share the updated location, date and panelists later this summer.

We hope you'll join us for our next breakfast seminar:

Finding Synergy:
Strategies for Coordinating Multiple Food Initiatives to Magnify Impact and Reduce Duplication

part of our Spring 2015

Food Policy for Breakfast Seminar Series

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

To what extent and in what ways are the many recent initiatives already collaborating and strengthening each others work? What are existing mechanisms and processes for coordinating this work? What strategies can we identify to find synergies and magnify the impact of this work?

In this session we will bring together representatives of community organizations, local government, philanthropy and academia to explore the opportunities and challenges associated with the multiple new initiatives related to food and food policy in New York City.

Panelists
Colleen Flynn, Green and Healthy Neighborhoods Director, Local Initiatives Support Corporation

Diana Johnson, Director of Community Projects, NYC Food Policy Center at Hunter College

Rick Luftglass

Executive Director, Laurie M. Tisch Illumination Fund

Cathy Nonas, Senior Advisor, Bureau of Chronic Disease Prevention and Tobacco Control, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene

Moderated by Nicholas Freudenberg

Distinguished Professor of Public Health, CUNY School of Public Health & Hunter College, and Faculty Director, NYC Food Policy Center at Hunter College.

Seminar will be held at the CUNY Graduate Center
Rooms 9205/9206, 9th Floor
365 5th Ave (at 34th Street)
New York, NY 10016
9:00am - 10:30am

*Program begins promptly at 9:00am,
arrive early for open networking

Save the Date

Food Insecurity and SNAP Participation in LGBT Communities

Thursday, June 4, 2015

The Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law, in collaboration with the Resnick Program for Food Law and Policy at UCLA School of Law and the NYC Food Policy Center at Hunter College will conduct a New York City release of its study of high rates of food insecurity in the LGBTQ community.

Panelists:
Gary Gates, Distinguished Scholar and Research Director, Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law, Author

Jan Poppendieck, Professor Emerita of Sociology and Policy Director, NYC Food Policy Center at Hunter College

Elana Redfield, Director of LGBTQI Affairs, Office of Community Engagement and Access, NYC Human Resources Administration

Triada Stampas, Vice President for Research & Public Affairs, Food Bank For New York City

Moderated by Kim Kessler, former Director of the NYC Mayor's Office of Food Policy, Policy and Special Programs Director, Resnick Program for Food Law and Policy, UCLA School of Law.

Barbara Turk, Director, NYC Mayor's Office of Food Policy, will provide welcome remarks.

Panel discussion and reception will be held at the law offices of O'Melveny and Myers

7 Times Square

New York, NY, 10036

6:00pm - 8:00pm

More information to come!

STAY CONNECTED

Facebook   Twitter

Forward this email

This email was sent to [log in to unmask] by [log in to unmask] |

NYC Food Policy Center at Hunter College
| 2180 Third Avenue | New York | NY | 10035

To unsubscribe from the COMHEALUMNI-L list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(COMHEALUMNI-L,SIGNOFF);