[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, "<[log in to unmask]><mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]><mailto:[log in to unmask]>

COMMUNITY INTERN (Paid, Part-time)

Brooklyn, NY

About Farmigo

Farmigo is a mission-driven startup with a simple, ambitious goal: we want to make local, sustainably produced food more accessible and affordable in every community. We are striving to give people a better way to eat by enabling them to shop online for farm-fresh products, which are delivered to community pick-up locations (homes, schools, workplaces).

Role Description

Farmigo is looking for a part-time paid intern to join our Community Team in our new New York office, located in Brooklyn. The Community Intern will be part of a small team responsible for executing on community management and customer development for our online farmer’s market.

We’re looking for personable, outgoing candidates that can help us organize and create excited food communities across New York and Long Island. Ideal candidates will be entrepreneurial and detail-oriented, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently. The ideal candidate will have a strong connection and passion to the local food movement, and the ability to communicate that passion to others.

The role consists of undertaking a variety of special projects centered around improving the Farmigo customer and Organizer experience. Tasks range from helping set up community events, developing creative content to delight our customers, conducting outreach and creating an evangelical experience for a better food movement.

Responsibilities
·         Work directly with our Community Operations Coordinator to help set up new communities
·         Assist in creating marketing materials for our Organizers
·         Assist in some delivery day logistical tasks
·         Assist Community Team with various member satisfaction initiatives
·         Basic data analysis and data entry
REQUIREMENTS
·         Ability to work 30 hours/week from our Brooklyn office
·         Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
·         Knowledge of Excel and Google Docs
·         Some knowledge of local food systems

To Apply

Please apply by 9/4/15 through the online application<http://farmigo-1.workable.com/jobs/107149/candidates/new>. Along with your resume, please answer the following questions:
·         Why does Farmigo’s mission appeal to you?
·         Tell us about a time when you had to manage logistics or a lot of details for a project - what did you do to stay organized?
·         If you had to describe yourself as an “idea-person” or “execution-person”, which would you choose and why?