Dear Hunter College Premedical Students:

Are you taking MCAT-2015 this cycle?

That is to say, anytime between now and the September 23rd exam?

As you know, accurate MCAT-2015 Full-Length Practice Tests are very difficult to come by. Described below is a potential opportunity to gain access to ten (10) full-length MCAT-2015 exams that are nearly indistinguishable from the real thing. There is a 33% discount available if you agree to join their Beta Testing Team and help them improve the tests.

Taking MCAT-2015 next cycle?

If you will be taking the MCAT during spring or summer of 2016 the beta-testing opportunity does not apply to you; however, you can scroll to the end of this email for a special offer from Altius for next year's test takers.

Message from Altius Test Prep (www.altiustestprep.com):

Altius Perfect-Match MCAT-2015 Practice Tests

We are nearing the end of a multi-year, nationwide curriculum project designed to create full-length MCAT-2015 practice exams that are as close to a “perfect-match” to the AAMC materials as is humanly possible. We are confident we’ve come very close to that goal and we will continue improving and perfecting these exams over the coming weeks and months.

The tests are not yet available to the general public, but we are recruiting beta testers who will be taking the MCAT in August or September to help us find any lagging errata, software glitches, or other issues.

Here are the details on becoming a member of our Beta Testing Team. Please call Curriculum Development Project Director, Joshua Kelly @ 435.671.5783, extension 700 or e-mail at [log in to unmask] if you are interested.

·        33% Discount Exclusively for Beta Testers:  Save 1/3 off the regular price of the Altius Perfect-Match Practice Tests. The set of ten (10) full-length MCAT-2015 exams will sell for $300, but beta testers will pay only $200 ($20/exam, only available as a set of ten).

·        15% Discount on all other Altius MCAT products:  Need a tutor?  Need help with your AMCAS application. Beta testers save 15% on everything for a period of one year.

·        Get an edge on your competition: We are confident that in their current condition these exams are already the most accurate MCAT-2015 practice available.  Members of our Beta Testing Team are the only examinees who will have access to them during this cycle, giving them a distinct advantage over their peers.

·        FREE Tests:  Beta testers will receive copies of all ten (10) full-length practice exams when the finalized versions are released in mid-September.

·        Beta Tester Qualifications and Responsibilities:  To become a beta tester you must:

1)      Be scheduled to take the MCAT in August or September 2015

2)      Promise to attempt at least 6 of the 10 full-length exams before September 15, 2015

3)      Promise to immediately report to Altius all typos, grammar issues, formatting issues, or other errata.

·        Try a half-length exam developed by the same authors.  Test drive our free half-length MCAT-2015 exam to get a feeling for the quality and design of the tests you will be taking as a beta tester. Go to www.altiustestprep.com and click on the “Take a Free Test” button.

The current state of the exams is already excellent. Errata are a part of any work this size. Our team of 50+ nationwide PhDs content experts has produced over 5,000 pages of passages, questions and solutions—so there is bound to be a typo here and there and an occasional error. However, every exam has already been reviewed by a PhD expert in the appropriate field 3-4 different times, reviewed by our Curriculum Committee, attempted by thousands of students in our MCAT courses, and either has or is currently going through double-blind peer review (we are currently working on integrating some of the suggestions from the peer review round, which will continue into the beta testing phase).

Thank you in advance for your help, and good luck on MCAT-2015!

Regards,

Altius Test Prep

www.altiustestprep.com

435.671.5783

Additional information on Altius and this project:

The MCAT-2015 practice tests offered by big-box prep companies are proving to be extremely inaccurate.

Achieving excellence at any endeavor requires practice.  However, practicing with the wrong materials does more harm than good. Currently, there is only one AAMC MCAT-2015 practice exam available, leaving students desperate for accurate MCAT-2015 practice. Test prep companies have been quick to produce practice tests, but our industry-leading analytics clearly demonstrate that these materials do not accurately prepare you for what you will actually see on test day. In fact, they aren’t even close.

Tomorrow’s Doctors Deserve BetterTM

We think tomorrow’s doctors deserve accurate practice materials at an affordable price. To accomplish this goal, Altius assembled the most qualified curriculum development team ever created—featuring current and former admissions officers, 99.9th percentile MCAT scorers, and a cadre of over 50 of the brightest PhD content experts from across the country. Our team carefully analyzed how the AAMC develops actual MCAT-2015 test questions and we matched the AAMC item development process exactly.  Because our process is perfectly-matched to the real MCAT, so are our practice materials.

AAMC Test Development

Altius Test Development

Status Quo Test Development

Detailed Item Writer’s Guide

Detailed Item Writer’s Guide

No Item Writer’s Guide

PhD-only Content Experts

PhD-only Content Experts

Committee Approach: Item developers include their management team, their “best tutors,” MDs, and some PhDs

Item developers are required to match existing AAMC question blueprints

Advanced statistical analysis was used to identify the AAMC question blueprints; Altius item developers were required to match these question blueprints

No question blueprints

Extensive Peer Review Process

Extensive Double-Blind Peer Review Process

No Double-Blind Peer Review Process

All tests contain beta questions

All tests contain beta questions

No beta questions

Fully standardized using industry best practices for nationwide graduate level examinations

Fully standardized using industry best practices for nationwide graduate level examinations

Limited internal “testing and adjustment,” but no full-scale standardization process

Equated score scales ensure each exam form is of similar difficulty

Equated score scales ensure each practice exam is of similar difficulty

No equated score scales

Item difficulty is determined using standardization on actual students

Item difficulty is determined using standardization on actual students

Item difficulty is the opinion of the person who authored the question

Practice tests so realistic and accurate, it’s like taking the MCAT…before you take the MCAT.

The result of our unprecedented effort to recreate the MCAT development process is a set of materials so realistic that our practice tests are statistically indistinguishable from the AAMC on over 100 different metrics. Here are a few of the ways our practice tests hit the mark where others don’t.

·        Item Difficulty Match:  Altius exams feature exactly the same distribution of easy, medium and difficult questions as AAMC materials.

·        Word Count Match:  Altius passages have exactly the same average, minimum, and maximum word counts as AAMC passages.

·        Question Blueprint Match:  Altius exams use the exact same question blueprints as the AAMC and at the same frequencies.

·        Figure Match:  Altius exams use the exact same number and type of figures as AAMC materials.

·        Formatting Match:  Altius passages use the exact same font, figure labels, and detailed formatting as the AAMC passages.

·        Topics Match:  Altius passages test topics in accordance with the exact same survey used by the AAMC to determine its distribution of topics.

·        Standardization Match:  Altius exams are standardized using the exact same statistically methodology used by the AAMC.

·        MCAT-2015 Match: Other prep companies are repurposing old MCAT passages and questions into MCAT-2015 materials. 100% of the questions and passages in the Altius Perfect-Match MCAT-2015 Practice Exams were made de novo, specifically for MCAT-2015.

The Best MCAT-2015 Testing Software

·        Exactly replicates the AAMC MCAT-2015 exam software

·        Functionality, format, font size, word count—everything is statistically identical. No other MCAT resource is this realistic

·        Dual Enterprise-Level Data Servers:  High-capacity redundant computer servers ensure speed and reliability

The Most Detailed Exam Analysis

·        Analyze your practice test results using over 1,500 metrics

·        Categorize your performance by question type, topic, subtopic, Scientific Inquiry & Reasoning Skill, and more

·        View performance measures graphically to visualize trends and long-term progress

·        Track your global performance statistically and graphically across all of the full-length exams you’ve taken

No Comparison

The number of MCAT-2015 practice test resources available for purchase is extremely limited.  The few test prep companies who do offer exams usually restrict access to a mere six months, sometimes as little as 45 days!  Others restrict the number of times you can attempt the test.  All Altius practice exams are good for one full year from the date of purchase and may be attempted an unlimited number of times.

Examcrackers

Berkeley Review

Next Step

Altius

Number of Full-Length Exams

5

3

5

10

Length of Access

6 months

45 days

6 months

1 year

Number of Attempts Allowed

Unlimited

Unlimited

5 attempts

Unlimited

Price per Exam

$50

$37

$30

$30

A preparatory tool no MCAT-2015 examinee should go without.

If you wanted to be a professional basketball player, you’d consider it a necessity to practice with a correctly-sized ball and a regulation 10-foot hoop. If your dream was to become an Olympic Gold Medalist in the breaststroke, you’d want to practice in an Olympic-sized swimming pool, not your neighbor’s kiddie pool.  If you want to become a physician, you should consider it a necessity to have access to the only MCAT-2015 practice materials that exactly replicate the real thing.

Each Full-Length Exam Features:

·        Flexible Exam Delivery Options

·        Chemical & Physical Foundations of Living Systems Section (CP) – 59 questions

·        Critical Analysis & Reasoning (CAR) – 53 questions

·        Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems (BB) – 59 questions

·        Psychological, Social and Biological Foundations of Behavior (PsS) – 59 questions

·        Detailed Exam Analysis – Review and analyze your results using over a thousand different topics, subtopics, difficulty levels, and other metrics.

·        Unlimited  attempts of each exam.

·        One (1) full year of access from the date of purchase.

TRY IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT

Experience the quality, AAMC-match, and full functionality of the Altius Perfect-Match MCAT-2015 Practice Tests by attempting a FREE half-length practice exam.  Simply go to www.altiustestprep.com and click on the “Take a Free Test Button” at the bottom of the page.

Note: This sample exam has not completed the full review process, and it too will go through the beta testing program, so a few errata may still exist. Please let us know if you find anything. Still, we’re quite confident you’ll be impressed; and if you’ve taken any of the other “Free MCAT-2015” sample exams, you’ll notice the difference in quality and AAMC match right away.

2015-2016 Pre-Enrollment Discount

At Altius, one of our core guiding principles is to offer MCAT preparation services at a price the average premedical student can actually afford. We deeply discount our services at all times, offering tutoring and other preparatory services at 60-75% OFF the going market rate.  Because we don't use pricing as a gimmick to drive high-pressure sales, we almost never offer discounts beyond the drastic price reduction already in place. This fall we have a special need to gauge enrollment demand so that we can plan early for what is likely to be a very busy year.  To this end, we are offering a one-time-only $200 discount. To receive this discount:

·        Purchase any Silver, Gold, or Platinum MCAT-2015 package at the regular price from our website: www.altiustestprep.com

·        Call the main office at 435.671.5783 and ask for your discount.

·        An immediate $200 tuition rebate will be refunded to your credit or debit card.

·        If you are paying by personal check, please call our office to make arrangements.