Seeking Cooking and Nutrition Education Instructors
(Part time; 5-20 hrs/week)

The Children’s Aid Society’s (CAS) Go!Chefs program is seeking dynamic
instructors to lead after-school cooking and nutrition education programs for
elementary, middle and high school students in the South Bronx and Harlem.
Hours range from 5-20 hours per week.

Go!Chefs is part of CAS’s  Go!Healthy initiative, a comprehensive obesity
prevention and health promotion initiative that engages children from birth
through adolescence, as well as parents and staff. For more information about
the Go!Healthy initiative, please visit: www.childrensaidsociety.org/
nutrition.

Go!Chefs is our hands-on cooking, nutrition education and gardening curricula
for elementary, middle and high school youth. Since 2005, Go!Chefs has
introduced youth to the pleasures of growing, preparing and enjoying "real
food" that is both nutritious and delicious - an essential step toward health
and well-being. Our core goals are for children to embrace fresh fruit and
vegetables, increase their food literacy, and build skills and self-
sufficiency in the kitchen. The program culminates in an Iron Go!Chefs
Competition where teams of young Chefs design their own delicious, balanced
meals and cook them live for a panel of professional Chef judges. Go!Chefs
serves 1500 children each year across 15 sites, and to date we have built
children’s gardens in eight of these so children get the full “seed to table”
experience.

Instructors must be available for the entire program year (October – May),
with the possibility of staying on for summer.

Candidate must be an experienced, dynamic teacher and creative cook. S/he must
be:

           Able to effectively implement our Go!Chefs curriculum, which includes nutrition education discussion and activities, hands-on cooking and journaling/reflection.
           Education and cooking experience are required
           Well versed in contemporary food and nutrition issues
           Highly organized and able to work independently
           Energetic and self-motivated
           Good communicator
           Bilingual (English-Spanish) is a plus.

Please email or fax resume and cover letter to:
Kaitlin Dougherty, Program Manager, Go! Healthy, The Children’s Aid Society

Interviewing immediately!