CFSAN Constituent Update - NFL Comment Period Reopening

There’s STILL time to make your case…   /as

Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition - Constituent Update
http://www.fda.gov/Food/NewsEvents/ConstituentUpdates/default.htm

This is an UPDATE to a Constituent Update originally issued on October 15, 2015.

Supplemental NFL Proposal Docket Reopened Until October 23, 2015

On October 20, 2015, the comment period for the Supplemental Proposed Rule for Updating the Nutrition Facts Label will reopen. The comment period will close on October 23, 2015. For more information, see Federal Register Notice: Food Labeling: Revision of the Nutrition and Supplement Facts Labels; Reopening of the Comment Period.

Original Constituent Update Issued October 15, 2015

REGULATIONS.GOV Technical Difficulties Have Prevented Submission of Some Comments to FDA Dockets, Including Comments Concerning the Supplemental NFL Proposal

We are aware of the technical problems that regulations.gov has been experiencing, which has affected rulemaking government-wide. This situation prevented some people from filing comments electronically on the supplemental proposed rule for the Nutrition Facts Label and on consumer studies associated with the rulemaking. The comment period closed on October 13, 2015.

We have been monitoring this situation closely. Your comments are important to us. We intend to announce as soon as possible in the Federal Register that we will reopen the comment period for a brief time to allow for comments to be submitted through regulations.gov.

For more information, see Proposed Changes to the Nutrition Facts Label.