From: Obesity Action Coalition [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2015 2:37 PM
To: Arlene Spark <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Obesity Action Alert - October 2015

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle Plus

Obesity Action Alert

An E-newsletter Proudly Brought to You by the OAC

  October 2015

News from the OAC

Join Us as We Fight Against Weight Bias and Ban the
F Word : Fat-shaming!

The OAC is the leading organization standing-up for the 93 million Americans impacted by the disease of obesity. As part of efforts to eliminate weight bias and fat-shaming, the OAC has tackled important bias issues within healthcare, social media and more. In September, the OAC  tackled even more weight bias issues to take a stand and say that fat-shaming is never right, and we had some victories along the way! The OAC was alerted to a blatant form of fat-shaming and weight bias in a promotional trailer for an upcoming series on the ABC Television Network called “Dr. Ken,” and we’ve had a VICTORY in the fight against weight bias!...CLICK HERE to Continue Reading!

OAC Welcomes New Member MyWeightClinic.com to the Chairman's Council!

The OAC is pleased to welcome a new member, MyWeightClinic.com, to the OAC Chairman’s Council. They are supporting the OAC at the Patron level, and we are very happy to welcome them to this high level of support!...CLICK HERE to Continue Reading!

OAC Visits White House to Meet With First Lady's "Let's Move!" Campaign

Recently, the OAC proudly attended a meeting at the White House with the First Lady of the United State’s “Let’s Move” campaign to learn more about their programs and how we can support their efforts around childhood obesity. OAC President and CEO Joe Nadglowski, (pictured right) visited the White House in August along with our partners Jeanne Blankenship, RD, of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics; Penny Gordon-Larsen, PhD, and Francesca Dea of The Obesity Society, and Raul Rosenthal, MD, of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. OAC Board Chairman Ted Kyle was also in attendance....CLICK HERE to Continue Reading!

Stand with the OAC by Becoming a Member Today!

The Obesity Action Alert is provided as a free benefit to all of our OAC members and supporters, and individuals like you are the reason the OAC exists. We encourage you to take advantage of our special $10 membership pricing in honor of our 10 year anniversary!...CLICK HERE to Continue Reading!

Thank You

Thank you for subscribing to the Obesity Action Alert, the OAC's FREE monthly e-newsletter. To learn more about the OAC or to join the Coalition as a member, please visit www.ObesityAction.org. Thank you, Obesity Action Coalition

alttext

Obesity Action Coalition (OAC)
4511 N Himes Ave, Suite 250
Tampa, FL 33614
(800) 717-3117

Google PlusPinterestTwitterFacebook

You're receiving this email becuase you're subscribed to the OAC's Obesity Action Alert. If you'd like to stop receiving these alerts, please Click Here to Unsubscribe.

Click Here to View as Webpage

© 2015 Obesity Action Coalition

empowered by Salsa