.From: Mike Garcia <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 11:11 PM
Subject: 2015 Yale Food Systems Symposium
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Hello!
My name is Mike Garcia and I am a second year Health Policy student at the Yale School of Public Health. As a former NYC resident and member of the Food Systems Network NYC Policy Committee, I'm very familiar with the impactful work of Hunter College's NYC Food Policy Center. I wanted to pass along some information about a conference I am planning with classmates, the 2015 Yale Food Systems Symposium<http://yalefoodsymposium.org/>, being held at Yale Law School on October 30th & 31st.

The conference is meant to bring together academics and practitioners, but also producers, policy experts, students, and local residents for a conversation about developing new strategies and alliances in the food system. We will have a keynote address from Olivier De Schutter, former United Nations Special Rapporteur on the right to food. Additionally we will have a keynote panel featuring esteemed food minds, Dorceta Taylor, Ricardo Salvador, and Rafael Perez-Escamilla.
Would it be possible to share the registration link and some text about the conference (pasted below) as well as the attached flyer with the Hunter College community? I know there is still a lot of great work being done in NYC, it would be great to have a strong NY contingent at the conference.

All the best,
Mike Garcia

_____
Registration is now open for the third annual Yale Food Systems Symposium: a student-led collaboration between Yale Law School, Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies, Yale School of Public Health, and Yale College.

This year's conference, "New Alliances That Shape a Food Movement," will be held on October 30th & 31st, and feature keynote addresses from Olivier De Schutter, Dorceta Taylor, Ricardo Salvador, Rafael Perez-Escamilla.
Register here!<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__yalefoodsymposium.org_register_&d=AwMFaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=zV_Z7wc9zXD8Q6rQ5Pgvv7WO5O9DG33URN97-xbX5RI&m=4L88uvJtyq_ISpQHdZrTZonhwFg37pjD5jCMx18Ftg4&s=e3G-bkiliW9kTWD1NZ15ICsjhtEaaxl66qPm-5-lN-M&e=>
You must register to attend, but tickets are only $30 and include two meals: dinner Friday and lunch Saturday.
[https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif]
Who: Open to academics, practitioners, students, and interested members of the public
Date: Friday October 30th & Saturday October 31st
Location: Yale Law School, Sterling Law Building - New Haven, CT

Please distribute the attached flyer widely!
--
Michael Garcia
MPH Candidate 2016|Health Policy

NYC Food Policy Center at Hunter College
212.396.7744
2180 Third Avenue @ 119th Street, Ste. 525
New York, NY 10035
www.nycfoodpolicy.org<http://www.nycfoodpolicy.org>